Energy Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

svenc

London Blanker NOT
We have recieved 2 bills today from NPower. One for 115.99 Dated the 8th of july and one of 103.11 dated 26th of july. Thing that gets me is that we are pay by key and left them at the end of march.

Why are we being charged this amount all of a sudden when for one we are not with them any more and we pay by prepay meter.

Just thought id get some personal experiences first before calling them as I know all too well how they can try and cloud over things.

Many thanks in advance.

BTW the bills have come saying Final Electricity Statement but are dated 18 days apart but were recieved today. We only pay 10 a week at the moment with scottish power which is great value. Thats bearing in mind we are electric only at the moment.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Even though you were pay by key did you read your meters before you left and also were the standing charges included within your tarrif?

Contact them and query the bill asking for a breakdown as to how they come to the amounts - it wouldn't be the first time they've got it wrong

svenc

London Blanker NOT
Dave standing charges are included and taken once a week. Yes the meters were read but the amount is way above anything that could be outstanding. And why the decrease in amount even though we have left????

Im confused but would like a few personal experiences before confronting them.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, just pone them up and query it [:T]

unclepeas

Maybe someones stealing your electric to power their shower?

Or 'Indoor greenhouse', if you get me.
lol

Last edited:

Paul_E14

Is it just a statement of the energy you used when you were with npower? If you were with them that is.

I caught a bit of this on the news yesterday morning, Ofgem now requires suppliers to send customers a statement of their energy use. It seems some of them look just like bills.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10847420

svenc

London Blanker NOT
No it has "This bill is now due for payment"

Im not going to pay it as we have already paid our service charges and paid for the electricity by key meter.

parcan31

Born again md'er
hi sven same happened to me for 700 because they hadnt adjusted the meter when they changed their electric prices,but do not worry as you are not liable for that.

groundhog

Life Survivor
[:)]Had the same thing happen when we were with N power, on pre-payment meters, and it was N power that Fitted and installed the meters in the first place ( Expletives of your choice to be inserted here)
They had No idea of whether they were coming or going, and the other half was having a problem with them after she purchased a property,And she has Never been and Never will be a customer of theirs, it came to a head after they sent her yet another bill, with an alledged reading by their meter reader, to which she told them if that was the case she was going to have the meter reader arrested for breaking and entering the property and any further communication should be sent to her Lawyer, funnily enough nothing at all has been heard or recieved from them since.

Status
Not open for further replies.