End of Season Awards Canelled

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Not the first time a club has done this and news today of Stoke announcing they have cancelled theirs as it would be 'inappropriate' to hold it. Whilst I can see 30 odd thousand wage paying fans may be agreeing given their league position, it more or less says that the club blame the players for their current position and lavishing money on a do for them would therefore be wrong.

Am kind of seeing what they are saying, but I wonder if the players may apportion blame elsewhere, can they? The inference of blame on their part may not do much for morale in these final games. I know, I know players 'these days etc' money is all that matters to them etc etc, therefore they aren't going to miss a booze up and a few trophies, but not all players are like that are they? Surely despite the teams form, there must be one or two that have given all they can and despair at the clubs position? May not seem much, but events like that can be a booster, money aside, a basic human need is recognition sometimes?

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Reason the awards have been cancelled is we have been s**t all year and nobody is fit to be nominated let alone win anything.

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
TBH he is a very good footballer and when he is on it he can be unplayable.
Very temperamental though and can be a liability when things do not go his own way - bit nasty with it.
Too many tantrums with Hughes so time to sell while he still had a good value.
Shaq is the same and has got worse as the season has gone on - he will leave and would be a really good buy for a team like Burnley

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Yes noticed a bit of that in Shaqiri and he strikes me as one who likes the little pond scenario (with all respect to your team chap). To be fair mate that is where I was heading with my response. Are there any decisions taken up top that have affected performances, where you cannot blame players: Arnautovic had more worth than monetary value, but fell foul of Hughsie, yet months later Hughes is out too. Seems a mess top to bottom to me and although they should shoulder some blame of course, it seems a bit of hanging them out to dry by cancelling the do at a time when they really need the players doing the business. West Brom been woeful recently ( Bar beating us and Liverpool away???????) but haven't heard they have cancelled theirs, a t e o t d a team has to be 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc.

I would have the do, reward those that have tried and then sell those that haven't.

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Albion won't cancel theirs,the players like a good night out.
Can even sort out their own taxi requirements.

As for Stoke,on paper the side was decent enough and the defence quite strong.
Selling Walters and Bardsley was a massive mistake, as was Nzonzi in 2015.

Stokes biggest problem last few seasons has been too many games lost/points dropped in the last 10 mins and recent matches have been good examples of that.
Coates is a loyal chairman and will give Lambert a chance but the team needs a clear out.
So here we go for the next 5 years in the Championship

Know it seems silly but I wish we had sold Crouch,think he has been a great pro and doesn't deserve to play in the Championship.