End Caps for pole

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
Hi everyone,
Another question(s) for you all!!!
Does anyone know where i can get the caps that you put on the end of your pole for storage so all the sections inside don't fall out?

Also when storing my pole (shimano symetre 12.5m) i have to use three rod tubes - is this normal as I thought that all the sections should fit into the first section for storage but they don't (bought it second hand and never seen a pole packed away before)

and finally the pole came with 3 spare top 3's - out of curiosity is there anyway to tell if these are originals or universal or do all top 3's look similar
thanks for your help!!

r k vickery

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Some tackle dealers stock end caps but you would have to take the pole in to get the right size.Alternatively contact shimano re spares. I thought all sections should fit within the butt section, spare top 2/3's obviously wont. As to tell if the spare top is universall or not I cant help John

chill out go fishing

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Its no good Rob you will have to go fishing with Dai and myself and get a lot of your questions answered. If you want to go this Sunday coming E-mail me and we can arrange something. Only 5 to fish Hazel Court Ponds near Cowbridge, transport provided.

thumbsup.gif Geoff

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
The problem with storing pole sections is common.The problem generally lies with the original pole being sold at 11m and then an extension to take it to 12.5.Most of the pole sits into the 11m butt section and you are left with the 12.5 extension seperate.As for end caps most tackle shops sell spares for them just take the sections to the shop and try to get one to fit.cost about 50p.

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Geoff I had a look at that other fishery on my way home on sunday it looks good (from the car) and from talking to the owner it sounds even better I am hopeing to have a proper look at it on sat (car willing) and will let you know about it then its called Seven Oaks Fishery nr Pontyclun

Dai Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.