Elvington (second thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well it's two weeks to go before the Northern Fish-in (part deaux) and everything is now coming into place [:D]

The raffle prizes are starting to pile up in corners across the UK and there's some fantastic gear amongst it all. Over the weekend we'll have them all on display so everyone can see.

Breakfasts (2.50) are all taken care of and once again the Elvington Womens Institute will be donning their aprons and manning the cookers; Stans conservatory will be turned into a big canteen and this time all the proceeds will be going into the pot thanks to Alan Kershaw who's providing all the ingredients through his catering supplies. cheeseburger.gif

Last year we had a barrel of beer courtesy of The York Brewery who will be supplying us again - we'll also have a firkin available just in case we run out as last year we had 6 pints left of a 144pint barrel alcoholic2.gif

The fish'n'chip van has been booked to make an appearance during the day and the ice cream van may pass by [;)]

Fishing wise; I went there last night to sort a few arrangements out with Stan and all you could see was Carp and Tench taking floaters off the surface with mucho gusto. Stan told me that last week 28 carp came out for 304lb with a 28lb 8oz'er amongst them in one session. Added to that was a 7lb 8oz eel caught on floating bread [8)]

I'll be there again next weekend as Stan is approaching the farmer who owns the fields on two halves of the lake with a view to being able to pitch bivvies in them, behind the pegs. If it's okay and there shouldn't be a problem, I'll be putting some access points in across the wire fence. If anyone wants to help muck in please PM me [^]

Keepnets and Rods: This year there is a 2 rod limit due to the numbers fishing and keepnets will only be allowed if the water temperature goes down as we don't want any casualties do we - except Troggy and Teepee when Stu gets his mitts on them lol [xx(]

If anyone is turning up on the Friday, they'll have to buy a day ticket if they're taking a peg. Some pegs will be reserved for wheelchairs and the organisers but the rest is a free for all [:eek:)]
Also you may well find that your services will be called on for help in setting things up [:)]

In addition: Cop for this - Stan's regular happy campers who are participating have decided to hold a Barn Dance on the Saturday night with full cowboy/cowgirl outfits, etc. So if anyone wants to try their hand at line dancing, now's your opportunity [8D]

They'll also be a Tackle Stall with Baits and small items - if anyone wants to pre-order maggots, castors, etc, beforehand please let me know

Cheers for now,

Dave Datafile2.gif

Free MD's Stickers

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Nice one dave, myself Dan Geoff Ray and Dooby will be there on the friday as early as we can get there, we are all coming in one car with a trailer, how much notice do you need for orders of maggots etc.

Cant wait to see Stu in his cowgirl outfit (trogg told me to say that) Roll on the fish-in

Dai Fish
wales.gif
Be nice to your kids because its them that pick your nursing home!

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you can let me know by the beginning of the week (Monday) then I can get them sorted [:)]

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Free MD's Stickers

Ray Owen

'Nomad'
Hi Dave,

I will have 3 pints of red Maggots please

tks

Ray

wales.gif
Where there is one Bream there are many more

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,

Could you order me two pints of reds and a pint of castors please.

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

True friends are like good books. You don't always use
them but you know where they are when you need them.

Fishing Venues UK

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
After what you said at top of page can I order 5 loaves of bread. Just joking. Will drop our lass at work at 7.30am Friday nip home and load tackle etc and call for my bait and set off should be there about 10.am `ish. Any help you need Dave once I have got a good peg ( I don`t want to be 50yds away from the action like I was at North Level.....LOL....I felt realy left out.)I will help in any way I can. See you all there. Can`t wait.....Haydn

Datafile4.asp

Haydn.
Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Away from the action Haydn?? It was all at your end as I remember lol

Thanks for the offer, I'll be rolling up around 10.30ish with the beer and a few bits then heading back to get Stu, the tackle, road signs etc

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Free MD's Stickers

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dave,

Aren't you lucky, able to post road signs!!!!!

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

Fishing Venues UK

Admin

Forum Admin
Staff member
Site Supporter
Lol Geoff and they're A3 size not lil ol' poxy ones that you're not allowed to have lol

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think what upset the local council was I did them in joined up writing. Obviously I am far too educated for them.

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

Fishing Venues UK

Dooby

' 007 '
Hey All[:)]
I went in to work today, and our Head Office have donated a Hairdryer to the Raffle worth 30 [:)]

Cheers

Gavin

You know the name. You know the number. 007.gif

Dooby

' 007 '
Hey Dave,

Its No Problem as you already know Dave, i have the other 'Tools' needed for that delicate operation[;)][}:)][:)]

Gavin

You know the name. You know the number. 007.gif

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Can you order me two pints of red maggots and a pint of castors please Dave

Dai Fish
wales.gif
Be nice to your kids because its them that pick your nursing home!

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
I asked Comet to donate something, like a tv or video but they say they only do one charaty a year and last year they raised 280,000 for Macmillan and this year it is someone else. Never mind I tried.

Datafile4.asp

Haydn.

scoobs11

i'll be there friday if you need a hand with owt dave .

also i'll have a pint of casters please

i'll have a fiver on the brown one

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Just PM Dave to say my local tackle shop has donated a CORMORON CORMAXX-BR 40 FREE SPOOL REEL for the raffle at Elvington.....

Many thanks QUAKER TACKLE OF DARLINGTON ..!!!!!!...

MOOKSTER... bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
[:D][:D][:D][:D]
Monster the makers of very expensive scart and phono cables for TV etc have kindly donated a power surge protection extention board cost at Comet 147. it protects your equipment including, phone and aerial systems incluing sky. I have one and it is brilliant. Thanks again to MONSTER the number on in connectivity......Haydn
p.s can also be used to protect PC`s and modem or broadband
Datafile4.asp

Haydn.

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice one Haydn and Mookie [:)]

The prizes are now mounting up across the country and will be gathered together over the Fish-in weekend. If you're not coming and want to buy a raffle ticket or three, check out the sticky topics in the Club House or Fishing Talk

Cheers

Dave
Datafile2.asp

Free MD's Stickers

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Amongst a million and one other things that I've been doing tonight (okay slight exageration 999,999 things lol) I've just sent the cheque off for 5 Daiwa Regal RGZ4550BRT Reels which will be given as prizes to the captors of the largest Carp, Tench, Eel, Bream and Catfish

They are the dogs doodahs in BaitRunners and also come with a spare spool, 4 ball bearings

And featuring:
* Longcast coned spool
* Bite n' Run free spool system
* Twist buster, eliminates up to 90 per cent on line twist
* Gyro spin rotor with tangle guard
* Stainless steel ball bearings
* Oversized line roller for increased winding power
* Ambidextrous folding handle
* 4.9:1 gear ratio, 16.9ozs in weight, 360m - 12lb line
* RRP: 59.99

Dave
Datafile2.asp