Electric Tackle Cart conversion.....Thanks Dave

JayBee

Site Supporter
Following a 800yd. walk to my peg and a return trip in very hot conditions, I decided that things had to be made easier...This coincided with having read Daves post regarding trolleys / carts with electric golf trolley conversions.
Trolley electric wheel conversions

A "nearest first" search on ebay yielded a winning bid of £31, just 4 miles away for an electic golf trolley that I hoped would be suitable.
Much measuring and head scratching ensued before getting out the angle grinder to cut away not needed brackets and parts. I then had to fabricate some extra brackets to enable the conversion and reinforce the rather weak aspects of the Avanti trolley (not recommended in standard form, but bought cheap with a load of other job lot tackle)
Having cut up and cleaned up some mild steel, I got a mate to weld everything up. This resulted in a working item after a bit of cleaning up of the welds and two coats of hammerite smooth on the bare metal.
First outing...great, but the battery (bought with the trolley) was flagging on the return trip, so a new 26ah battery for £45 (rated at as 27hole for golf use = 7.5mles!) was purchased.
Now very pleased with the resulting concoction, very stable over rough and sloping ground , carries all my tackle and I travel to my peg much quicker and easier than other anglers much younger than me (I am in my dotage!).
Before questions are asked, the golf trolley was a Cadi-105FR, which has two motors each driving one wheel, rather than one motor with a solid axle. This would appear to make turning the cart somewhat easier as there is no "diff lock, straight on tendencies".
Cost... well £31 + £8 for some MS box section + £30 for welding + £45 for new battery + Hammerite £?.... Money well spent? plus a lot of time?...Yep

Dreading those long walks to good pegs, or furthest end peg in a match no longer a major problem.

Pics show the bare barrow and loaded with typical tackle requirements.
IMG_1319.JPG IMG_1320.JPG IMG_1321.JPG IMG_1317.JPG IMG_1318.JPG

Total

Site Supporter
An excellent and innovative conversion. Very well done.:)(y)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You Sir are my hero, and proves it can be done (y)

JayBee

Site Supporter
You Sir are my hero, and proves it can be done (y)
No Dave, you are the hero around here. If it wasn't for your thought provoking comments and suggestions (many, many over the years, and the responses you have ellicited, thus making anglers think, re-think, try something different, modify their approach and catch more fish) there would be a lot of less succesful anglers. You created the platform for us to interact, gain knowledge and be part of a fishing related social gathering.

daniel121

Account Closed
No Dave, you are the hero around here. If it wasn't for your thought provoking comments and suggestions (many, many over the years, and the responses you have ellicited, thus making anglers think, re-think, try something different, modify their approach and catch more fish) there would be a lot of less succesful anglers. You created the platform for us to interact, gain knowledge and be part of a fishing related social gathering.
Butt kisser 😂

Your right though, I've learned more via Internet forums than via magazines

AndyL

Give it a week......Preston innovations all new never been thought of before powered 4 wheeled shuttle yours for a mear £1million quid 😂😂😂

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
Great piece of innovation and looks a really nice job.
Guy in our club spent some serious money on something similar and on one of our long river treks he thought he was the dogs with his loaded barrow.
Wasn't so cocky when he had an electrical problem and had to push the thing back on his own.
Not sure how long it took him but I know everyone else had gone home by then :D:D

JayBee

Site Supporter
Thanks for the positive comments guys. I now have to try the trolley at the local heartbreak hill, expecting to add some effort to make it to the top, but that will be better than un-assisted, we'll see.
Having experienced some wheelspin on wet grass, I think that with wet ,muddy conditions I might have to add some winter wheel covers like this.
Fairway Hoppa/Hedgehog Trolley Winter Wheel Covers - £19.99 + FREE DELIVERY | eBay