electric hook tyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
hi,
I have tried and tried but just can't get the hang of tying spade ends and the cost of buying pre-tied hooks is a pain. Has any body used the electric hook tyers that tie hooks down to a size 18 by lillypadleisure.co.uk if so are they any good?
thanks

MALC

Rob suggest you pop into your local tackle shop and ask the staff if they could show you how to tie a spade it's a lot easier to tie when you are shown then trying to follow a diagram.

As long as you dont ask them on a Friday or Saturday i'm sure they will help you.

Failing that next time your on the bank and see another angler ask if they can tie one and then see if they could show you.

Regards an electric one never seen or heard of them tried your link but it did not work.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

scouse

'River Man'
hi rob
your going to love me for this site
if you go to this
it shows you how to tie the spade end
and may more
www.claphamangling.co.uk/knots.htm
hope this helps

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And there's always www.maggotdrowning.com/hooktyers.htm [;)]

Lol, Dave

splodger

Electric hook tyers????
Is this a wind up or what!
If it is true,then what next....electric baiting needles, radar operated feeders which are guaranteed to be accurate within 10 centimeters...solar powered umbrellas which open and close according to temperature and windspeed?
Are we getting too technical here?

SPLODGER

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Lol yeah probably. Electronic hook tyers i dont think so i wouldn't have any confidence in the hook staying on when playing big fish. But every 1 to there own it'l be a robot to set your gear up next splodger [;)]

Tight lines [:D]

Terrier

I'll have a beer!
If you're not right cracky at hand tying, try a matchman hook tyer. They're about 4, you can tie size 22's on it with relative ease.
With regard to an electric hook tyer, it must have a bloody long flex if you tie them on the bank.
Terrier.

You can't beat dipping your waggler!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Scales,
It's battery operated actually [:D]

LILLYPAD BATTERY OPERATED FISH HOOK TYING MACHINE Price 15.95

Look HERE for details & click on the "Fishing Accessories " link[:D]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

splodger

Just had a look at the hook tyer (wow!) it looks like something out of a HG Wells novel.
But it only ties hooks up to a size 18.
I dont know about anyone else but in my case it is the small hooks i have problems with (20 to 24)cos mi eyes cant see 'em.
Any thing up to an 18 is fine.
The only time something like this will work and sell is if it can tie the really small hooks.

SPLODGER

Glenn Archer

Y.T.D.A.A.
Hi,

The quote says "down to a size 18" not up to a size 18. But knowing this is a strange concept for some people to grasp I suspect you are right. Although it does mention cold hands and dodgy eyesight.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.