Electric bikes

stikflote

Site Supporter
HI
Ive got an two Electric bikes had them about 4 years now
i bought one for me and one for Daughter .
Both have same battery and and motor 250W ,one is slightly bigger 27" wheels other 26"

The smaller one has always been faster,
just had buy a new battery for big one,

Found a company on E Bay who refurbish batterys so had it done not cheap around £300
im now looking for a another electric bike ,
just wondering if any one else has got one ,and what they think about them

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Not got one but will in the not too distant future, I have a stream and a lake about ten minutes bike ride from me but it`s a
steep hill to get there and a steep hill to get back. I`m the wrong side of seventy and I`m sure they are getting steeper.

stikflote

Site Supporter
IM also the wrong side of Seventy. PG
the small bike i have will do around 20mph
its great for nipping to the shop , and great on thre hills

ive also ridden one that does around 30mph

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Seriously thinking of one meself... the thick end of a grand for one is putting me off thoigh... even conversions are a grand and you don't even get a whole bike

JBX

Ive got a Giant Fathom and its honestly one of the best things I've ever bought.
When you remember the places you went as a kid, and never thought you'd ever see again as your old and ruined, now you can with ease lol.
I've done about 3000 miles in the last 18 months now and it's as easy or hard as you want the ride to be.
I've probably done 1000 miles around the local canals fish spotting and chatting with anglers.
Of the many man toys and hobbies I have I can hand on heart say I can't see myself being without an ebike ever in the future as its been a god send for fitness and getting out and being outdoors.

rd115

Slava Ukraini
Site Supporter
My dad's had one for several years now. Attaches a trailer to it and fetches the weekly shop from the supermarket. Saves a fiver every week taxi money he was paying, bike has paid for itself about twice over already.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Off topic but to those 'thinking' about getting an electric bike, dont. Just buy one. Itll be the best purchase you ever make.

Just look after them, or you will have problems like i did.

The Runner

Site Supporter
Got a Pinnacle Lithium, best investment I’ve made in decades. Had it two years now and wouldn’t be without it.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
One of my older parishioners in church has fitted a conversion kit (ordered from china) to his bike and it flies - probably breaks all kinds of rules but is good for 30mph+, has amazing battery life apparently and still allows the use of the rear cassette for gear changing to get the most efficient ride.

Think it set him back around the £500 mark but it has transformed the way he gets about and I am now thinking about it too with the cost of fuel - I could convert my Giant Boulder for my commute.

bluemack

Site Supporter
Ive got a Giant Fathom and its honestly one of the best things I've ever bought.
When you remember the places you went as a kid, and never thought you'd ever see again as your old and ruined, now you can with ease lol.
I've done about 3000 miles in the last 18 months now and it's as easy or hard as you want the ride to be.
I've probably done 1000 miles around the local canals fish spotting and chatting with anglers.
Of the many man toys and hobbies I have I can hand on heart say I can't see myself being without an ebike ever in the future as its been a god send for fitness and getting out and being outdoors.
"FITNESS"!!!!!!!:unsure::unsure:

JBX

"FITNESS"!!!!!!!:unsure::unsure:
Yep....only use electric power when on a steeper incline and I'm blowing or when I may be tiring and have that gentle shove around to see more stuff.
Plenty of people can't be arsed with cycling as they see it as too much effort but the benefits of E power are you put in what you want, when you want and even starting on full power rides and decreasing power over time...all aid fitness levels.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
My neighbour bought one a couple of years ago, cost him over £1000, then he went and got a dog. He has only ridden his bike twice in all the time he has had it.

bluemack

Site Supporter
Yep....only use electric power when on a steeper incline and I'm blowing or when I may be tiring and have that gentle shove around to see more stuff.
Plenty of people can't be arsed with cycling as they see it as too much effort but the benefits of E power are you put in what you want, when you want and even starting on full power rides and decreasing power over time...all aid fitness levels.
Fair enough..........you,re forgiven.:D(y)