Elastics

Dusty

I read all the time about the importance of using lighter elastics so you don’t bump or pull out of fish.
In the last few sessions I have thrown this advice out of the window opting to use a 14-17 hollow for all of my carp work on commercials, I have to say I’ve noticed very little difference in the amount of bites missed and if anything I have lost less fish due to having more control over them. I also have caught numerous species using this heavier elastic such as crucians, Ide and Tench and it’s very soft on the strike.

Does anyone else do this? I’m toying with the idea of stick 6-9 in all my match kits and 14-17 in all my power kits for simplicity.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
You know I have never switched to light hollows. Just cannot get on with the stuff for some of the reasons you mention. 14 solid in Summer, 12 solid in Winter. Doesn't get simpler than that and I still land the vast majority of fish I hook be it small silvers or large carp.

Dusty

You know I have never switched to light hollows. Just cannot get on with the stuff for some of the reasons you mention. 14 solid in Summer, 12 solid in Winter. Doesn't get simpler than that and I still land the vast majority of fish I hook be it small silvers or large carp.

I have an 11-13 hollow in one of my kits, anything over 3lb and it’s a 5 minute job landing it!

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
Ok guess it might be the same stuff, I use both that and the 12_15 green both are soft yet power up nicely. Have no worries using the red and gives me great control