elastic tension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob27

peg nine
When I try to tension my elastic it either flys back at speed and hits the tip of the pole or a bit hangs out of the end. The only way I can get it to slowly creep all the way back is to use lubricant and then tension it. After a while the elastic then starts to fly back at speed and hit the pole again unless I add more lubricant. What am I doing wrong?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sounds as if you need to use a larger bore bush Rob,even if this means that you have to cut your tops back a bit further.

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

mike s

Peter. 100% agreement-use a larger bush.

Cumbria Angling Centre

rob27

peg nine
thanks for the advice, the thing is i tried putting a number 3/4 elastic through a much larger bush on a seperate set of top 2's and also without a bush at all so there was loads of room and the same thing happens - I stretch the elastic about 12 inches and let it go and it just zips back and whacks the tip and then when set softer it zips back fast and about an inch hangs out of the end, I have tried pre stretching the elastic but this doesn't seem to help. It hasn't stopped me catching but I would like to set it correctly - Any ideas?

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Rob, if you've got the tips cut back enough & correct bushes fitted, try using the bungs that allow you to adjust the elastic (eg, preston adjusta bungs)
they have a little winder attached to the bung that allows you to fine tune the tension,

teepee.

Status
Not open for further replies.