Elastic length

stikflote

Site Supporter
I usually buy 3mtrs of pole elastic i fit it in one top kit but then have
a length of elastic over which wont fit another top kit ,i have tried cuting it in half
but then find its too tight,
Dyou think3mtrs should do two kits??

RMNDIL

Depends on the length of your kits, length of sections and what you are trying to achieve. More often than not I put elastic through 1 section (1.45m). Sometimes through a Margin/Double Two kit of 2.3m, sometimes through a carp kit of 2.9m.

Reuben

Site Supporter
I thought that some companies do different lengths? I could be wrong. I could just about get away with 3m for 2 top kits as I prefer bungs over side pull as so can trim the bung to sit where I want. I’ve not had a problem so far but rarely fish the pole for carp.

dave brittain 1

Site Supporter
I usually buy 3mtrs of pole elastic i fit it in one top kit but then have
a length of elastic over which wont fit another top kit ,i have tried cuting it in half
but then find its too tight,
Dyou think3mtrs should do two kits??
Why don't you measure your top kits and order the right length? Lots of good suppliers such as Nick Gilbert and KND do , 2m, 2.5m and 3m lengths so there is no waste. They are also very competitively priced.

davylad

Site Supporter
I broke at the dacron connector today, which is very unusual, but when I inspected the elastic it was rotten. I looked at the side pulla end and that was the same. I have never used Middy Reactacore before, so straight away I checked a couple of other kits I fitted with it, but they were absolutely fine.