Elastic Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1G_D

[:)]I have a maver euro encounter 13m pole with a holdall 4 top 3 sections and a universal cupping kit[:p]

I am now in a dilemma because i have not got a clue on what elastics to use i have got a 14-18 in 1 top 3 and i have a 10 elastic in another but i don't no wot ohters to use

help.gif Help me please help.gif

cheers

B1G_D

B1G_D

Some one said that but i wasn't sure whether it was a good idea or not

B1G_D

Simon R

Site Supporter
Are they all top 3's you got with the pole?

I've got the same pole but mine came with 2 top 3's and a power top two (and I've since got a couple more power tops)

If memory serves me correctly I think the 3's are only rated to no.12, whereas the top two's can be used for elastics rated up to no.20.

As to what elastics to use - that depends what you're fishing for - mine range from no.6 to no.14.

By the way if you get the Maver universal top two's they slot straight on to the pole (without needing any cutting back) and they're only 30.

Tight Lines

Simon

SammyClegg

I've just bought a pole and done 3 tops, I,ve put in 5,8 and 14 to try to cover all eventualities, the pole is rated to 20s. But it's like a bungee rope!! so I put 14 in.

SammyClegg

brady

i very rarely go over a size 12 unless you really need to land fish quick

B1G_D

cheers for the help i am sure i will sort something out

B1G_D

timber

built for comfort
careful with the maver power top two's they make the pole top heavy better to get a match top three and throw the top section away and elasticate sections 2 and 3 dave.

big dave

Status
Not open for further replies.