ELASTIC HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian White

Big E
I hope someone can help me out there
I am just about to elasticate my pole but with what hydroelastic or normal elastic has any one used hydroelastic is it worth 30.00 quid or not.
I am fishing in canals and lakes with fish to about 6 or 7 lbs in size.
Thank you for any help .

scouse

'River Man'
hi ian
hydro elastic30 were?, its only 15
anywere i would not pay that much
when it only does 3 sections
i use the pure latex elastic2/25pfor a spool
why pay through the nose,
its ok for these anglers in the comics advertising it they get it free[:(!]

dave
scouse (and proud of it)

Simon R

Site Supporter
Hi Ian

I have used a pole rigged with the black hydro-elastic (not mine I hasten to add) and it is very good. It certainly feels as though you have a lot more control over the fish.

But whether its worth the money - I don't think so.
I stick to the Middy Hi-Viz stuff, never had any problems with it.

Tight Lines

Simon

martin.

Account Locked
hi
i have to agree with simon on this ive used hi-viz for several years & as long as its lubricated & checked regular it should never let you down.
next a BIG WELCOME to the mad MDs

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

manta

hello ian, here is some more info on hydro elastic, yes i bought a reel of black hydro for 15.00, i just had to try it, i just about elasticated a carp top 2 & a carp top 1 on my tri cast aztech using a large ptfe bush & prob the largest stonfo connector. i could not see any liquid inside the elastic[?] in the off cuts, you have got to thread the elastic + knot through the eye of the stonfo, then tie your knot & then trim after your knot, this is to prevent any of the mystery liquid loss. some people prefer the spider knot. i think the black is rated between 6 - 12 elastic rating, & does stretch quite a long way with larger fish, but what i found was that it quickly got the fish to the surface. i was told that it perishes quite quickly[:0]. if you have spare cash then try it. hope this helps. tight lines.[:)]

reveal13

strange stuff that hrdro, ive got two carp top 2s elasticated with the black stuff on my milo trojan pole and i tell you it is the best stuff for beating small to average sized carp between say 1 and 6 lbs but anything bigger and the elastic is all over the place, ive had fish out onb it to 17 lbs and the hydro has a very long life span cause i put it in 3 seasons ago and it is still as good as i bought it and it has had alot of use too!!

peter

Status
Not open for further replies.