Elastic help

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyM

Hi, i was fishing today with my maver 12-15 dual core, wich i use for general carp fishing. Ive had it in quite a while and feel like a change.It is a good elastic just it is strong for the size and I feel like my pole is going to snap when I get a decent carp on. In one of my other top kits i have white hydro which i love... maybe i should get black hydro ? thanks in advance [:)]

batman

Originally posted by CarpController

It is a good elastic just it is strong for the size and I feel like my pole is going to snap when I get a decent carp on.

What pole are you using, also is the elastic bottoming out on the decent carp???
Hollow elastics are usually softer than solids the same rating, hollows stretch further, if this is so perhaps you need to go one size up for the bigger fish???

pole addict

It may be worth analysing your fish playing style.

A lot of pole anglers seem to use the pole too much like a rod.

The pole tip should be ALMOST pointing at the fish when it runs.

This way, it's the elastic doing the work and not your pole.

The only time you should have an acute angle between fish and pole is when you break down to your top kit.

Matt.Newark

I just use white hydro for general stuff and black hydro when I'm targetting fish from 2lb up to low doubles.

It's all about balance, I never understand why people use really heavy elastics. There's really no need unless your swim is really snaggy. I also find using a lighter elastic, the fish regularly come in easier due to less tension on them.

JonnyM

I dont think it is my fish playing style, the fish are hard fighting but i dont get much of a fight because the elastic is too strong, can anyone recomend a softer elastic but capable of taming fish to around 10lb ? cheers[:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.