Elastic choice

Dusty

Currently have 4 top kits for my match fishing setup and wondered if I could have opinions on which elastics would be best suited.
Most of the match venues I fish mainly average carp to 5lb or so and usually have a large head of Ide and smaller carp.

I have the following currently, do you think it covers most bases?

Silvers & small carp - 7-9 Hollo

Small carp on the deck or shallow carp - 11H

Larger carp on the deck - 15h

Margin fishing - 14-17 dual core

Cheers

Dusty

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Currently have 4 top kits for my match fishing setup and wondered if I could have opinions on which elastics would be best suited.
Most of the match venues I fish mainly average carp to 5lb or so and usually have a large head of Ide and smaller carp.

I have the following currently, do you think it covers most bases?

Silvers & small carp - 7-9 Hollo

Small carp on the deck or shallow carp - 11H

Larger carp on the deck - 15h

Margin fishing - 14-17 dual core

Cheers

Dusty
Personally I can't see the point in putting different elastic in all 4 kits , if I was that limited, I'd put white hydro through all 4 , and that will cover everything....that way the top kits are all multi tasking as opposed to just being designated, which limits your options, also leads to confusion, in your mind as to whether or not your using the correct one ...I'm sure others will come on and say that's wrong , but it's just my view

Last edited:

lp1886

Site Supporter
Agree with the above. You’d certainly be better off with 2x 9 Hollo, and 2x 15 Hollo. With pullas you could make those do anything.

D

Deleted member 21081

Similar thinking except I’d go for 2. Something like a 8 hollow and a 14, certainly no more than 2 choices though for the reasons outlined above.

This will allow you to see how the different grades compare.

D

Deleted member 21081

Agree with the above. You’d certainly be better off with 2x 9 Hollo, and 2x 15 Hollo. With pullas you could make those do anything.
You beat me to it but essentially the same advice!

Dusty

Cheers guys. It’s my first year match fishing so I haven’t really gone all out and bought a load of top kits.