Eel fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mookie

mookie
icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif Hi everyone...hey is there any members of mds who fishes for eels other than troublesome bootlaces????

Just want a chat about tactics and baits etc....

Cheers lads an lasses

MOOK... bounce.gif /smilies/bounce.gif[/i bounce.gif mg] bounce.gif bounce.gif bounce.gif

Meet friends go maggotdrowning simply the best on the net....

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Mookster,
I love your favourite chub,
Share in your new excitment over Barbel!

BUT eels!!!!

Sorry mate, when you discuss catching tactics, can you please forward me all the things to do that DON'T work! [:D}

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Its years since I fished deliberately for them. All I can suggest is the old methods, ie bunches of worms and half dead baits preferably small roach/rudd freshly killed. Night time being the best. keep any resistence in the tackle to a minimum.

There is one theory that states if the eels have small heads in comparison to the body then small baits ie worms, if a large head then dead bait.

Another is a lake with no easy escape meaning any eels will be trapped within. A lake preferably unfished for eels is best.

One last point apparently our eels are now being infected with an imported parasite that is a killer so all eels should be returned to help conserve stocks. John

chill out go fishing

norm

mooookie

take it from a person that wops your ass when i visit youicon_smile_wink.gif

minnow dead bait is the bait (apart from muscle)

i have fished many a time in yorkshire for eels only and that is the bait (but beware it also catches nusence 5lb 9 oz chubicon_smile_big.gif

mookie

mookie
icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif Cheers lads for the advice....will look into this further l think....

Hey a eel is a fish just like any other....should be cared for just like any other species...

SAVE THE WRIGGLEYS thats my motto !!!!!!

Cheers

MOOK....
/smilies/bounce.gif[/img
]

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Wait till you get to Elvington Mookie, boy are you in for a pleasant suprize icon_smile.gif

Elvington Lake has hosted the National Anguilla Club's annual bash several times and Eels into high single figures have come out.

There's some more info on Eel fishing here: http://www.maggotdrowning.com/fish/eel.htm

and I'm sure Stu can offer you loads of advice when you meet him icon_smile_big.gif

6 Days to go, Dave

*** 'The Northern Fish-in' - are you supporting it? ***

Edited by - Dave on 20 July 2002 8:42:57 PM

mookie

mookie
icon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gificon_smile_big.gif Hi Dave -- Ta for the advice, l was wondering if bringing baits like frozen sandeels etc is allowed....and things like wire traces etc.......
Will be going after the eels at night,,,,, during the day will be crucians tench roach etc.....
Looking forward to it......scared stiff really but looking forward to it.....
Hows the pegs getting drawn ???? or is it a case of finding one and plonking the gear an fish ???
Phils coming early Saturday morn should be with you for the start dont know if Phil wants breakfast at Elvington or not....

Cheers

MOOK...

Status
Not open for further replies.