Edenbridge Angling Society

kennyx

Does anyone know where their stillwaters are?

The 'net doesn't have the information.

Cheers

Ken

Blargus

PM Sent, BAG UP's your man, he sent info to me.
Sent my Edenbridge application off yesterday !

BAG UP

SINGLE RED
Originally posted by kennyx

Does anyone know where their stillwaters are?

The 'net doesn't have the information.

Cheers

Ken

There's a reason for that Ken [;)]

PM sent [:T]

gypson

hi mate, im sending my application of today too, you couldnt send me the list of waters too could ya bag up would be lovely jub.

cheers

gyp

davebike

get busy for a few day don't get on here and Edenbridge is the topic :))

Oh yes I am also a member but still (just) in my first year

BAG UP

SINGLE RED
Kenny, Bill

I told you it was easy there you just read below [;)]

Had a pleasure session on one of they club lakes today caught 25 carp ranging from 3lb to 11lbish with most average the 7-8lb mark [:D] all on the pellet waggler with 6mm pellet as hookbait and firing 6mm pellets over the top [;)]

Dad fished a short pole at 5m with maggot over groundbait,pinkie and 4mm pellets for roach,golden rudd and a few skimmers before trashing the gear on a carp, so a switch to double 4mm soft pellet had the skimmers going mad with the best going 1 1/4lb, he even landed a 11lb 4oz mirror carp on single soild 8 elastic with a bit of help from me [;)]

Not a bad day [:)]

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by BAG UP

Had a pleasure session on one of they club lakes today caught 25 carp ranging from 3lb to 11lbish with most average the 7-8lb mark [:D] all on the pellet waggler with 6mm pellet as hookbait and firing 6mm pellets over the top [;)]

[:0] WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No single red on the method feeder???? [:0]

Nice one Nick [:T].

Blargus

Blimey, good work both of you. Sounds like even I might catch something !

Hope I get membership now. 2nd week in May I think I'm supposed to hear. Can't wait.

BAG UP

SINGLE RED
Originally posted by Peter

Originally posted by BAG UP

[:0] WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No single red on the method feeder???? [:0]

Nice one Nick [:T].

No Peter i never fish that way when pleasure fishing to boring [:(] but i did that on Sunday at Hartleylands Farm in Nick's league match [:T]

Last edited:

BAG UP

SINGLE RED
Originally posted by Blargus

Hope I get membership now. 2nd week in May I think I'm supposed to hear. Can't wait.

I did tell you it's far to easy there didn't i [:T]

Your have a great day there Bill [:T]

aigy

You wont have a problem, the membership does not normally fill up until the end of august and your membership should arive by the end of may, if you have any problems please contact me here by pm or here.

website@edenbridge-angling.co.uk <website@edenbridge-angling.co.uk>

Regards
aigy

gypson

hi there aigy, I have sent my membership off a few weeks back and the moneys left the bank so i'm guessin im now a member! However I still don't fully know which waters that entitles me too as I took up the membership on recommendation of a friend. Any chance you would be able to PM me the list so I can have a google around before the Summer fishin really gets into swing?

cheers,

gypson

Blargus

Yay, membership clubcard/book received yesterday. Thanks to all - Davebike, Aigy & Bag Up - hope to see you on the banks. Where, and what method/bait would you recommend first for a pretty clueless novice. Bag Up, where were you referring to in yours of 27.4.10 would that be N.F. ? Or Ch L ? Sorry maybe I should PM.
Thanks again

davebike

I would go Nursery fields any of the pegs with Lilies fish close to them maggot corn or soft pellet lose feed I use Hemp or a little ground bait
As long as your not noisy you will catch almost under the rod tip!
Pegs directly in front as you come from the carpark are intended for the disabled .The eft end as you look from the carpark is shallow 4'or so the right end down by the railway deeper 6'+ and some deeper holes
the Pegs are numbered no 1 is to the left at the corner members will often refer to peg no's (there is a alloy plate on most with the no on it
I would aim for 5/14 down the far side or one of the first pegs beyond the disabled area 26 and down the first peg to the right of the carpark under the anti cormorant rope is much fancied :)) but really all pegs are good :))
Oh and don't hammer bank stick into the gravelled area's or bring tins onto the fishery or the bailiff will be after you there was so much damage done last year!

BAG UP

SINGLE RED

Yay, membership clubcard/book received yesterday. Thanks to all - Davebike, Aigy & Bag Up - hope to see you on the banks. Where, and what method/bait would you recommend first for a pretty clueless novice. Bag Up, where were you referring to in yours of 27.4.10 would that be N.F. ? Or Ch L ? Sorry maybe I should PM.
Thanks again

That was at Chit [:)]

Fishing at chit it wouldn't matter what you tried or used you will still catch, it all depends on what your after, (small fish or carp)

It may help if you told me or us on how you fish ie pole, rod/line etc ... ?

murph

Hi guys,

This is my first post for many a while. I've been a member of EBAS for a good few years. Some cracking waters on the ticket and good sport to be had.

Have had some great days at both Chit and Nurs (with the latter fast becoming my favourite). Also some lovely stretches of river to wander along.

Good luck for the coming season and if you see a short, bald, fat bloke with glasses walking around the lakes say hi. That'll be me!

Blargus

Cheers Sam, everyone's been really friendly and welcoming online. That's not to say I might not get beaten up in the flesh - joking ![B)]
General question: knowing that the season hasn't started yet on most waters, as long as I don't have a rod, am I okay to have a wander round them say v early Sunday morning (I'll have my membership book with me)? Just to scope 'em out, have a nose around.Lakes & rivers ?
In the same manner, although only one of my daughters is a member, as long as I don't take the pee (bring a tent, barbecue and picnic)can I bring the missus and two other daughters, and show them about - not to stop, just so they can say they've seen the places - it'd only be once and I'd keep them on their leads !
If you say no-can-do I'd quite understand.
Cheers

BAG UP

SINGLE RED
Your allowed to take one other person on the banks with you while fishing ie wife, girlfriend, someone elses wife [:p]

I can't see a problem taking the whole family there to have a look about [:T]