Eddie Stobart

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Major shock this

Not really, he was saved by the church a few years ago and then he moved to Europe for the cheaper costs...now he's about to lose it all again because he tried to be to big, private aircraft, trains, lorries, ships etc all cost money and if you are to expensive people will go elsewhere!

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Good info didn't know that.
Saw Stobbart grow their image and you just presume they will continue to do well.
Fact is nobody is safe now.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
when you book a flight to Ireland, a lot of the time you'll see "Stobart air" on the price lists for flights.

crackatoa

Site Supporter
I know a couple of lads that drove for them. Doubt they'll shed a tear at this news.

me

when you book a flight to Ireland, a lot of the time you'll see "Stobart air" on the price lists for flights.
Trogg stobart air dont own any planes trains or boats mate.

Stobart air which is part of stobart group own 2 airports Stansted and Carlisle. Stobart air had shares in flybe and that's why you see stobart air on a number of flybes planes. Flybe got took over earlier this year by virgin

Stobart rail is part of the stobart group and does rail civil engineering work.

Stobart ports is part of stobart group. Some of the container boxes you see on freight trains have stobart or Tesco on them. These are part of the stobart /tesco deal and are used to move Tesco's good from daventry to moss and in Scotland to save on lorry mileage. There used to be trains in stobart livery but these were owned by DRS

There is a company called stobart group which the stobart family no longer any involvement with

There is stobart logistics which no stobart family as any involvement in

WST is owned William stobarts son

Explore transport is owned by William stobart

me

The problem with stobarts , they have been buying the contracts by going in for them at low prices making a loss instead of profit to undercut all other companies .
They have also brought out failing companies to get their contracts same as brought out the transport work off walkers coop argos home base ect under cutting what the companies were charging them selves

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Mate of mine wont shed a tear either. He lost his job when Stobarts took over the haulage at Tesco's. Hed drove for Tesco's for nearly 20 years. When he approached Tesco's they simply said ..... " Thats the way it is. Take it or leave it " ?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Road Haulage / Logistics / Shipping are all highly competitive markets with very tight margins. i think Stobarts just got too big and became dazzled by lure of turnover and growth bringing costs down due to bulk buying power to bring a profit margin in.

me

Mate of mine wont shed a tear either. He lost his job when Stobarts took over the haulage at Tesco's. Hed drove for Tesco's for nearly 20 years. When he approached Tesco's they simply said ..... " Thats the way it is. Take it or leave it " ?
they done the same to coop, argos, home base, walkers , grayling just to name a few

scantruck1

one of my colleagues used to work at Stobarts place in Dagenham Essex , they said when Eddie Stobart used to come to visit operations , certain chocolate bars had to be available for him, flowers had to be certain colours and all blinds at the same level by order of the management and he has big OCD issues.

me

one of my colleagues used to work at Stobarts place in Dagenham Essex , they said when Eddie Stobart used to come to visit operations , certain chocolate bars had to be available for him, flowers had to be certain colours and all blinds at the same level by order of the management and he has big OCD issues.
Youll find your coleague had got his info wrong as Eddie stobart as been dead well before the dagenham depot opened and william stobart (his son took over ) but he had been voted out and had started up his new companies WST (william stobart transport ) and explore us when dagenham depot had opened

H T B

Site Supporter
Many moons ago, taking a drive, the motorway turned into dual carriageway.
The dual carriageway came to a roundabout, with only a left turn.

There he was, in all the regalia, with a sign that said "Official Stobart spotter" .......WTF!!

feldri

Site Supporter
There was a guy from Grimsby who had a Volkswagen Camper. He had it painted in Stobart's colours and use to park up in the laybys on the A180 between Grimsby and the M180 at Barnetby. Every time a Stobart wagon came past he would blast his horn and wave. The Stobart drivers would flash their lights at him as they went past.
There's a Tesco distribution centre at Goole, next to the M62 junction. The wagons have to slow for a right turn on a roundabout on the estate access road and there's usually between 3 and 20 people parked up on the verge taking photographs of the wagons as they come in and leave the depot.
A bit like train spotting in the 50's-60's.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I know a couple of lads that drove for them. Doubt they'll shed a tear at this news.

Yeah i know a few lads that worked for Stobarts..they left and now work for Dentresangle who they reckon treat their drivers with respect and don't expect them to break the law!

Trogg stobart air dont own any planes trains or boats mate.

Stobart air which is part of stobart group own 2 airports Stansted and Carlisle. Stobart air had shares in flybe and that's why you see stobart air on a number of flybes planes. Flybe got took over earlier this year by virgin

Stobart rail is part of the stobart group and does rail civil engineering work.

Stobart ports is part of stobart group. Some of the container boxes you see on freight trains have stobart or Tesco on them. These are part of the stobart /tesco deal and are used to move Tesco's good from daventry to moss and in Scotland to save on lorry mileage. There used to be trains in stobart livery but these were owned by DRS

There is a company called stobart group which the stobart family no longer any involvement with

There is stobart logistics which no stobart family as any involvement in

WST is owned William stobarts son

Explore transport is owned by William stobart

@me , cheers Si, i didn't know a lot of that!

I do know the place i work at supplies Stobarts with the teeth for their wood machine they have down in London somewhere, it burns old pallets etc to generate electricity.

Many moons ago, taking a drive, the motorway turned into dual carriageway.
The dual carriageway came to a roundabout, with only a left turn.

There he was, in all the regalia, with a sign that said "Official Stobart spotter" .......WTF!!

There was a guy from Grimsby who had a Volkswagen Camper. He had it painted in Stobart's colours and use to park up in the laybys on the A180 between Grimsby and the M180 at Barnetby. Every time a Stobart wagon came past he would blast his horn and wave. The Stobart drivers would flash their lights at him as they went past.
There's a Tesco distribution centre at Goole, next to the M62 junction. The wagons have to slow for a right turn on a roundabout on the estate access road and there's usually between 3 and 20 people parked up on the verge taking photographs of the wagons as they come in and leave the depot.
A bit like train spotting in the 50's-60's.

Eddie spotters, they are all over the place, they look for the names on the trucks just like trainspotters looked for the numbers.
I did apply to have my two daughters names on a truck but it never happened, apparently the waiting list is massive.