Eddie Howe

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I see he's left Bournemouth to spend some time with his family,can't say I like the bloke but he's done miracles down there considering the limited resources,where's he going next I wonder ?

Northantslad

'Any indications?
First person that came to mind @Spadger123 when i read the OP, Moyes. Howe had an opportunity to kick on and live up to the next great manager tag when he left the first time, now depending on where he goes and what he does, will see if he is that, or as you say, another one club fit. I would like to see him do well, but cant help thinking that had he proved himself to be what nearly every pundit suggests he is, he would have been a top six manager by now, fair play to his loyalty though.

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
My thoughts are he will be linked with any premiership club that sacks there manager next season. He might be lucky and get Spurs if they get a bad start. Personally I think it might be clubs like Newcastle, Burnley, West Ham etc.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I think the biggest problem he will have is earning respect from the so called "superstars" of any club in the top half of the premiership ! The ones that think they are bigger than the club or the manager. If he was given free reign get rid of them and bring in the players he wants I think he would do well. Maybe he should go abroad for a couple of years and build up his reputation !

H T B

Site Supporter
Wasn’t the reason he left Burnley was his Mrs said I’m going back home, are you coming with me?

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
With the late start of the premiership that would be about the time of the first sackings of managers.

Deejay8

Site Supporter
On the face of it Eddie Howe seemed to be doing a good job at Bournemouth, until he got caught out. But if you look at Bournemouth's defensive record, then you see how awful it was, and it never improved over 5 seasons. What saved Bournemouth was an attack and midfield that could create and score. It's why Bournemouth were involved in so many games where both teams scored a lot of goals, and Bournemouth edged a lot of these games. But sooner or later, a team of Bournemouth's size and finances is going to have a year when injury woes or a lack of form leads to the attack having a poor or indifferent season. And then the defence has to dig deep and steady the ship. And Howe never mastered sorting out that defence. If he had, Bournemouth would not have been relegated this season and could have reached Europe in previous seasons where they won plenty of games, but also threw games away. Apart from Nathan Ake, Bournemouth never had a really class defender, and never really got the goalkeeper sorted.