ECG results

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Had to have an ECG and blood test done because of the medication I'm on, just had a call from my GP to say that they've detected some kind of problem with my heart and I'm getting booked in to see a cardiologist. Partly my own fault probably, I'm 35 but haven't lived the healthiest lifestyle. A few years ago I was under a lot of stress and I was sure it damaged my heart then but couldn't be sure. Hopefully nothing too serious. He asked if I had any family history of heart problems... on my dads side my uncle died of a massive heart attack just before Christmas this year and my Grandad on the same side had a Triple Bypass done when he was 50.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I wouldn't worry to much mate, they can work wonders now-a-days, i've been going through a load of tests to help them decide whether i need a heart bypass or just a stent!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I wouldn't worry to much mate, they can work wonders now-a-days, i've been going through a load of tests to help them decide whether i need a heart bypass or just a stent!

Yeah hopefully it's nothing too serious. I don't have shortness of breath or palpitations though I did have 3 years ago when under a lot of stress. Hope yours works out for the best. (y)

Total

Site Supporter
Yeah hopefully it's nothing too serious. I don't have shortness of breath or palpitations though I did have 3 years ago when under a lot of stress. Hope yours works out for the best. (y)

See what the tests say first mate.....It isn't unusual for folk to have the symptoms you've described above with certain meds. I'm guessing you've just had your annual meds check?...Lots of reasons for it....Be safe pal.... (y)

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Hopefully it'll be a minor issue and easily fixed. Good news is they've picked it up early, rather than after a major event (heart attack or similar).

Good luck going forward.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter

The heart problem is the least of my worries mate..... it's the results from the tests for Pulmonary fibrosis i'm worried about (y)

They found a heart?:oops:;)......Hope you and yours are well fella....Happy New year to you all....Be safe....(y)

Yeah it took me a while to find the coffee jar i keep it in but i dopped it off and told them i'd pick it up at the end of the week..... the gits replaced the coffee with Formalin, they were going to use alcohol but remembered i'd told them i don't drink :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Good luck Z old bean.

Had a scare a while back but seem to have got over it. Trouble is I can`t just undo decades of fags booze and burning the candle at
both ends, the damage is done.
They found a heart?:oops:;)......Hope you and yours are well fella....Happy New year to you all....Be safe....(y)
Thought he had two....;)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
God ya aint Havin it good mate but as the saying goes it comes in threes so hope yer on the Better luck trail ;);)

Sad Teacher

These days much can be done with medication, I had to have a by pass in April, I was hoping stent Dr Lady said by pass. Process wasn't too bad in and out in 4 days. Made a massive difference to what I can do. Easy to say but a lot of heart stuff is routine these days.

Total

Site Supporter
........Yeah it took me a while to find the coffee jar i keep it in but i dopped it off and told them i'd pick it up at the end of the week..... the gits replaced the coffee with Formalin, they were going to use alcohol but remembered i'd told them i don't drink :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Your heart is so big it wouldn't fit in a beer barrel....:)....Don't ever change....;)

JLK

I suffered a spontaneous disection three years ago to my left and right coronary arteries.
They have no idea what caused it as it is a very rare form of MI but there are certain contributing factors. Non of which applied in my case.
My consultant asked me two main questions. The third was from the pharmacist after the event when I asked for some ibuprofen to help alleviate some bad tooth ache.

1 - Had I ever taken cocaine and if so was I still using. Apparently this contributes massively to heart attacks in middle aged people nowadays.
2 - Had anyone in my family on my father's side had heart trouble. I asked how far back do you go generationally. He said one generation. So basically my Dad and he is okay.
3 - Ibuprofen. Can cause your arteries to expand. And as such I'm not allowed to take these now for obvious reasons.
Hopefully you'll be okay and having a bit of an MOT on the heart is a damn good thing in my book. 👍🏻