eBay - seller having a laugh

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I know stocks are low in shops at the moment & eBay prices have gone up but REALLY ........??????????

08406EA0-3E1F-4BF1-8FB5-F2DF8900F84E.jpeg

OldTaff

Site Supporter
No! They are out of stock so the seller puts the price up high so no one will buy them. When they get some more in they will drop the price back down. Saving them having to delete a listing, then spend time re typing the listing out and uploading pictures.
Ah so that’s what it’s about

Ben Field

Running a shop myself, I know that there are numerous software packages that will automatically add items to eBay for you, from your existing website catalogue. With potentially thousands of products in stock at a shop, I think it's inevitable that sometimes there are errors. These then get passed to eBay without the shop owner even knowing.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
No! They are out of stock so the seller puts the price up high so no one will buy them. When they get some more in they will drop the price back down. Saving them having to delete a listing, then spend time re typing the listing out and uploading pictures.
Deleted listings can be re-listed to the exact specification that you deleted it at via deleted listings.
Older listings that don't sell regularly also suffer more in the algorithm also, Hence why some people regularly refresh their listings.
I'm also sure this type of play is against TOS.

JLK

Older listings that don't sell regularly also suffer more in the algorithm also, Hence why some people regularly refresh their listings.
I'm also sure this type of play is against TOS.
Why?
You do a search for XXX item and it should show up. If it doesn't then eBay would be in breach of their own policies. Why would you list an item and have to pay for the privilege to not have someone see it?

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Why?
You do a search for XXX item and it should show up. If it doesn't then eBay would be in breach of their own policies. Why would you list an item and have to pay for the privilege to not have someone see it?
Tons of eBay sellers had been complaining about this, especially bigger sellers. Check on YouTube, they all suggest regularly refreshing your listings as your listing will eventually sink down to the bottom of the pile if its inactive. Some people even get eBay to 'Refresh' their listings via live chat for a new lease of life so yeah, something is up. Itll show up but itll gradually sink on a default search from what I've heard unless its regularly gaining heat.

eBay breach their own policies all the time, unless of course you're the buyer. Is this surprising?