ebay purchases

chris1967

Site Supporter
They only sell fishing tackle so to get that kind of feedback with the volume of items they are selling is quite exceptional .i,ve had bad experiences buying items from shops of the net ,including some of the suppliers that people harp on about all the time as being great .As with everything you cant please all the people all of the time
i would only ever use paypal as your purchase is covered

Simon R

Site Supporter
I remember the last time that seller appeared on this forum and I was working over in Darlington at the time - so that will have been 2014
Amazed that they're still trading judging by the amount of complaints that were generated at the time.

Simon

trotter2

I remember the last time that seller appeared on this forum and I was working over in Darlington at the time - so that will have been 2014
Amazed that they're still trading judging by the amount of complaints that were generated at the time.

Simon
They are actually not that bad. If you visit the shop and they have what your after I can personally say you will get a decent buy and save a few quid. What goes on with eBay selling is a different matter ,one I can say I have limited experience with as a retail outlet online.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
But they'd still be making a profit!!
By selling a rod with a selling price of 100+ , for 41 quid I don’t think they would, they can’t buy things that cheap....the only thing they will do is not get lumbered with something that hasn’t proved popular... personally I don’t want to get into whether or not they’re making a profit, as it has nothing to do with what I actually originally posted ?‍♂️

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Must be me but I dont understand

Some sales on ebay are for downloads, "immediate delivery" etc, they don't have to worry about postage or anything else.
They get a 100% feedback score because it is downloaded from a link they send you.

Things like this...

No messing around waiting because they email you the link within 24 hours and you simply click and download so they get 100% for speed of delivery, 100% for condition, 100% for everything.

They sell a couple of hundred of the downloads to build up a massive feed back of happy customers and then start selling other stuff that needs postage etc and because they have 100% feedback people trust them.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
By selling a rod with a selling price of 100+ , for 41 quid I don’t think they would, they can’t buy things that cheap

The profit mark up on a lot of tackle is huge, especially if you have the power to buy a bulk amount!

Old Myke.

Cantankerous old git :)
When dealing on ebay whether its a shop selling or a private buyer 100% feedback helps as does customer comments but when it comes to the nitty gritty ebay money back guarantee works.

Dslayer

dslayer
By selling a rod with a selling price of 100+ , for 41 quid I don’t think they would, they can’t buy things that cheap....the only thing they will do is not get lumbered with something that hasn’t proved popular... personally I don’t want to get into whether or not they’re making a profit, as it has nothing to do with what I actually originally posted ?‍♂️

Probably a 500% mark up on tackle ie a £100 retail rod probably only costs the shop £20 wholesale....