ebay purchases

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The first time I used them was for a 60 inch brolly, no hassle and arrived safely. Second time I used them was for a lamp for the bivvy when on a weekender. It arrived in 5 pieces and not used them since. I wasn't even offered a replacement.

trotter2

When they first started it was basically a lock up then they expanded into a bigger unit which is one half mail order the other half is an open shop. Purchased a few bit off them out of the shop. But do not allow you to purchase of ebay and go and pick it up. Which I always thought was rather strange. Stuff I have purchased face to face has been fine.

Lcn

Ordered a grauvell continental beach rod off them a few years ago and they sent the wrong one but I wasn’t complaining because it was a more expensive model

markthemouse

Used them once - no problem but would not use them again as I know the feedback is not right, heard other people had problems

chris1967

Site Supporter
home-un-leisure (115781 star-14.gif )

100% Positive Feedback

if its these i bought a rod last week and it came really fast ,i had no problems at all and to be honest to sell that many items and have 100% feedback is very good

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
ive bought from these before under diff names aswell..one item was broken..e-mailed them told them..said left here ok..would not replace,started a claim against them through paypal..got money refunded..kept item..which i threw away which was broke...went to buy something else from them on bid..seller is taking no bids from me...so banned...i still sleep well.

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Are they not a camping/ caravan shop. Sure I been in it. Just off the A1

No it's not them they are are a caravan sales dealership Kimberley Leisure ,they dont sell any fishing gear.

I've still got a suspicion its Real Deal Tackle under a different name. Im sure you couldn;t collect in person from them either. Could be wrong though.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
100% feedback is easy to attain by selling downloads of books, music, etc it's how some of the bigger companies have done it.

As for no pick ups, they could be operating from an industrial estate like the one i work on, it isn't a trading estate so they can't sell you anything for collection, a company that used to sell hardware on line was on there for years and they got the owners of the site a ball bashing for allowing people to collect.

AdeB

Site Supporter
Dealt with them once, never again, I had to chase them as the tracking number hadn't moved on for over a week.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I've still got a suspicion its Real Deal Tackle under a different name. Im sure you couldn;t collect in person from them either. Could be wrong though.

Real Deal was a short distance away from me. They weren't keen on you collecting but did occasionally allow it. They actually had a small shop front area in the industrial unit they used. It's unlikely that there was any prohibition on site visitors as there was, and still is, a tyre dealer/fitter in the unit next door.

I visited one of the previous locations of Home Un Leisure. They had a fairly large shop area but didn't seem to encourage visitors. I know that they refused to allow me to collect a potential eBay purchase during this period. They also wouldn't get anywhere near to usual eBay prices if you attempted to haggle face to face. I've never had any contact with them since. They've definitely moved once since then, but it may be twice.

I wonder if some are bringing the former eBay seller known as Codfather into the equation. AFAIK, that seller had no connection to Real Deal or Home Un Leisure, though it operated in the same part of the world. Codfather was the eBay arm of the now defunct Quaker Tackle that had premises on Neasham Road.

Guy Incognito

Midport Angling Club
Bought a few things off them via e-bay, only issue i had was they sent me the wrong reel I ordered but they sorted it out within two days.

Rick

TrickyD

Site Supporter
They have sold to thousands of people, it's hardly surprising some have had a bad experience. I've had a few rods & reels from them, massively discounted via eBay auctions, never had a problem.

trotter2

Real Deal was a short distance away from me. They weren't keen on you collecting but did occasionally allow it. They actually had a small shop front area in the industrial unit they used. It's unlikely that there was any prohibition on site visitors as there was, and still is, a tyre dealer/fitter in the unit next door.

I visited one of the previous locations of Home Un Leisure. They had a fairly large shop area but didn't seem to encourage visitors. I know that they refused to allow me to collect a potential eBay purchase during this period. They also wouldn't get anywhere near to usual eBay prices if you attempted to haggle face to face. I've never had any contact with them since. They've definitely moved once since then, but it may be twice.

I wonder if some are bringing the former eBay seller known as Codfather into the equation. AFAIK, that seller had no connection to Real Deal or Home Un Leisure, though it operated in the same part of the world. Codfather was the eBay arm of the now defunct Quaker Tackle that had premises on Neasham Road.
That's the connection Quaker tackle was originally owned by two guys untill a fall out. One of them set up the company we are talking about. That's all I am saying

Grimberian

Yeah no problems here either, got a lovely from them on an auction and got it at a great price.

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
Home and leisure are always auctioning brand new gear, it’s impossible to win as however much you bid there’s always a last minute “private bidder”,I’ve tried several times, and unless you get up to the normal selling price, you will always be outbid,my view is they are pushing the price up themselves...especially as after a few days it’s being auctioned again.seems a completely pointless exercise to me

Grimberian

Home and leisure are always auctioning brand new gear, it’s impossible to win as however much you bid there’s always a last minute “private bidder”,I’ve tried several times, and unless you get up to the normal selling price, you will always be outbid,my view is they are pushing the price up themselves...especially as after a few days it’s being auctioned again.seems a completely pointless exercise to me

Not in my experience, I got the new John Wilson Avon Quiver Deluxe from them, paid £41 quid, AD has it currently on at £104.