ebay purchases

stickfloatkev

stickfloatkev
hi everyone. has anyone ever bought an item of fishing gear from a company called home un leisure. the reson i ask is cause my wife bought me a match trolley for xmas . upon opening the box there were 2 missing parts . after contacting this company for over a month im still none the wiser as to where these parts are mainly due to their absolute terrible customer service and rudeness in their replying e mails

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
If they are the ones I'm thinking from Catterrick, North Yorkshire I've heard dodgy reports on them. Sorry.

stickfloatkev

stickfloatkev
ive threatened bad publicity but that didnt seem to make any difference to their poor attitude . thing is we tend to trust these companies especially as they have 100 per cent feed back . how is beyond me

CHUB2411

Just raise a case against the supplier on the grounds of "Goods received not as advertised" follow the instructions in their tutorial and EBay are normally pretty good and will side with the buyer i most cases

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Must be a different company then although they aren't to far apart.

Dslayer

dslayer
Lodge a complaint with eBay ...!!
Will get it sorted quickly!

Think I've used home'n'leisure a few times without problem...
Also could contact your Trading Standards under the 'not fit for purpose' part of the Sale of Goods Act...

Getting either or both parties on to the supplier could provide the kick up the ass they seem to be needing...

steve king

The One and Only
Site Supporter
I hav'nt used them my self but I've heard some very bad reports over the years they where based on a trading estate in Darlington and when they advertised on e-bay a few years ago they only posted out there products as the general public was not allowed on the estate which got me thinking that is strange no public allowed on a trading estate ? Maybe they have changed ownership and location but i still would be very wary of using this company.

stickfloatkev

stickfloatkev
steve king , from what i have learned very recently , its the same set up and same adress. i was taken in by the 100 per cent good feed back unfortunatly

62tucker

Site Supporter
Are they not a camping/ caravan shop. Sure I been in it. Just off the A1

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Must be a different company then although they aren't to far apart.

Same people. They operated out of an industrial estate near Morrisons on Yarm Road for a time. They then moved to a spot up near Whessoe Road. This current operation also can go by the name of Burtree Angling.

Real Deal Tackle operated out of an industrial unit in Brompton On Swale, just north of Catterick Bridge. I've no idea whether there is any connection between Real Deal and Home Un Leisure/Burtree Angling.

Are they not a camping/ caravan shop. Sure I been in it. Just off the A1

That sounds more like Kimberley (formerly Burtree) Caravans just to the west of the A1 (A68 Junction).

Philocalist

To be fair, I've used them several times over the past few years, usually for major items of tackle that were available through them at a price massively cheaper than I could get retail. No problems whatsoever, even when a set of whips arrived via courier, damaged - they simply dispatched a complete new set of whips (which I received within 48 hours), and told me to hang onto the undamaged whips from the first set, FOC