Ebay again

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryC

Can someone tell me how this works.
An item I was watching had 2 bids at auction end. Top bid was 21 with no mention of not reaching reserve. Within 24 hours the same item was relisted with the same seller at a buy now price of 60.
I can only assume the seller bid himself to stop it from going for silly money and paid the Ebay costs.

whorlicks

yep .. possibly got his mate to bid on it.
take a look at his feedback .. then check it again in a few days time to see if he recived feedback for the item you were watching.
Also if the vendor has no reserve but states that the item is advertised elsewhere and can be removed at anytime you can report him to ebay and theyl make him remove or relist it
A good way of working out if hes genuine is to look at the items hes sold are low priced items .. this boosts him feedback for very little output .

Hatman

Drawbag ace
It could also be the buyer not honouring their bid, or a bid from one of the many fraudsters, who then asked the item to be posted to their aunt/father/mother/uncle in nigeria. I'd be careful before reaching the conclusion that its shill bidding.

I've just found out that a buy it now item that boasted 'more than 10 available' is actually out of stock. The seller claims they had ONE in stock but that it was broken, I've heard the same thing from the same seller before. I've accepted an alternative, but have just found out that the alternative doesn't have the carbon finish that was stated [:(] Very annoying!

Status
Not open for further replies.