ebay advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdoherty

Happily Blanking!
I sold a nintendo wii on ebay last friday and now the buyer is refusing to pay saying he wont trust my postage (even though it will be tracked) and that it was his son that bid on it!! Im going to wait til this evening to open an unpaid item case but does the buyer HAVE to pay if they won the item?
[:(!][V]

zenith20

Pretty much so. When you bid you enter a buyers contract if you like. Unless there is damage or something that hasn't been stated in the description then you can refuse to pay for it.

Len Wade

Bog-Monster
Site Supporter
I've had dealings with a few non-paying time-wasting muppets on fleaBay over the years and I'm afraid it's an "Occupational Hazard."

I haven't got the time or enthusiasm to pursue lost causes through "The System" any more, so just put it down to experience, give him the finger and re-list the item, or offer it to the next highest bidder.

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Unfortunately i've never had this problem but like Len has said just re-list and try again or offer to the next highest bidder. You should still be able to leave him some snotty feedback though.

nobby478

miserable old ....
What Len said. He's a plonker.( Not Len, the seller[:D])

I wouldn't trust him not to start a false claim afterwards either...dump him!

fishdogmick

catch alot
no he doesnt have to pay he can make that many excuses you will never get paid ,so just relist it .

jason39

We sold a fridge freezer on ebay a few weeks ago went for a lot more money than i would of payed. Bloke turned up in a vauxhall vectra to collect it,he looked at it and said he would come back next day with a van. he never returned. we emailed him, text him and phoned him (didn't answer so left a message). no response passed it on to ebay, got fed up of waiting as we wanted it out of the way. offered to the next 2 highest bidders. no response. so relisted. sold for 2 less than previous and collected next day by 2 polish guys in a vectra estate.
you should be able to list all the timewaisters somewhere so as decent people dont get messed around

zenith20

jason39 that would be a good idea! e-Bay used to be very good. I wouldn't sell anything expensive on it.

vassago

I don't use ebay anymore there are just too many numptys on there, like the idiot who buys a van then asks for it to be stored for a month and for the log book to be sent off now so he can drive it to spain the day he picks it up. ( I kid you not ) or the seller that thought ignoring me for 2 weeks when an item didn't turn up on time then getting stroppy when I reported it to ebay. Funny thing was he hadn't replied to 5 messages to me over 2 weeks but I got a threatening mail the same day I went to ebay.

Thom

Unfortunately its easy enough to get out of paying for an item and the buyer does not have to buy the item, however you will be reimbursed in full for it. make a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.

zhorian

sympathise with the problem - have been hit by a few nonpayers - but what do you do if you dunt use ebay ? local paper ? preloved ? ... any ideas ?

the gaffer

Definately use the NON paying bidder system otherwise you will be out of pocket on ebay fees etc,also the buyer will get a strike on his account if he doesnt pay,3 strikes and hes out,who knows he maybe already has some strikes,if everyone just put it down to experience then nothing will ever get done about the time wasters.As for feedback i dont think sellers can leave negatives for buyers anymore,although buyers can leave negs for sellers,its a farce now the feedback is.

Philocalist

i dont think sellers can leave negatives for buyers anymore

Very true ... but there is nothing at all to stop you leaving a 'positive' comment ... and writing whatever you want in there![}:)][:D]

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Just re list the item mate.

Easiest way round it.[;)] And put it down to bad experience.

One thing that does annoy me with Fleabay regarding the feedback features is that when you buy something, you get a constant reminder on your summary page that you need to leave feedback for said items, so when you recieve the item, and are happy, you leave a nice message.

Then, as a buyer, you too have a rating, but the sellers cant be arsed to give you any feedback!

I used to buy and sell a few bits on there last year, and bent over backwards to sort things out.
Personally, Ive had a few sellers that have never even bothered to answer a question I have asked, let alone leave me any feedback....

Bah.....Humbug[}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.