Eating during a match

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Since the advent of the Commie I have stopped taking food to matches as most of them serve breakfast etc on site. This really upsets my missus, she used to love packing a veritable feast for my snap when I was off on a match.

The one thing I can't stop doing is taking a flask (or two) of Tea.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
I normally take a couple of sausage rolls. Bovril in winter and orange squash to drink in summer. I find that taking a break can help me refocus and think about what I am doing, particularly if I am struggling.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
Flask of Heinz (it has to be Heinz) tomato soup. They used to do a spicy one with chorizo (shoreetho) but it seems to have disappeared

nejohn

Site Supporter
Not fished a match for many years but when I did I would always have something to drink with me and a couple of chocolate bars, but I did make sure I ate before I left to go to the match. Now for pleasure fishing if I am going to be out any length of time I always take food and drink with me as I like to take a short break mid session, get off the box stretch my legs and just re focus a little, also if I am using a keepnet it acts as a good time to empty the keepnet

Warden

Site Supporter
Not at the level I fish at I should point out,but a boost of energy (choc,bar etc.)would always be beneficial to any match,

Guy Incognito

Midport Angling Club
Chicken and mushroom pastie, bottle of water and a cheeky chocky bar... I need to invest in a quality flask though

Rick

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
Rough oatcakes and a swirl of tubed cheese out of the cool bag, dip in and graze when I want., and a very large flask of tea. usual fishing fare.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Usually take a couple of sandwiches but rarely eat them until I'm on the way home. I don't really do breakfast though & never get hungry until late morning.
Can't do without taking a flask of coffee though & will get through about 5 cups in a session.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Chocolate bar or two and a flask of tea,summer time I fill a large bottle with squash and freeze it overnight,ice cold drink does me the world of good when the weather gets warm.

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
I take a couple of rolls with me and a flask of coffee. I usually try to scoff them before the all in but l do drink a few cups of coffee.

lp1886

Site Supporter
Bag of hula hoops as I can tip these into my mouth without touching them with my fishy mitts. Also a steak slice and flask of coffee.