easyfund raising

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Right, pushing this again because i think it's a fantastic idea.....

Join up, pick a worthy cause or even better if you are involved or know someone involved with a worthy cause get them to register it and get free money everytime someone shops from the thousands of online retailers listed.

I've been using it for ages and yes, sometimes it's only a few pence because they only give a percentage of what you spend but it's still free money for your chosen cause.

Oh and before anyone says anything, yes this is my personal link to it so my chosen cause gets something everytime someone signs up.

if you don't want to sign up using my link then fair enough but please, think about it and go have a look at what causes there are because you may just find one that you already support only this way...they get even more donations from you!

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
I started to sign up, then got to the bit where it told me that I am giving them permission to track my use use of all websites when I'm using Firefox.
I try to protect my privacy, so for the same reason that I will not use supermarket loyalty cards, I'm out.
Sorry!
Basically an excellent idea, just suspicious about the ulterior motives of the companies participating?

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I started to sign up, then got to the bit where it told me that I am giving them permission to track my use use of all websites when I'm using Firefox.
I try to protect my privacy, so for the same reason that I will not use supermarket loyalty cards, I'm out.
Sorry!
Basically an excellent idea, just suspicious about the ulterior motives of the companies participating?

The companies participating are getting directed customers, a lot of people will shop on sites that are willing to donate to their chosen cause than go to one that doesn't.

The reason they track the sites you are using is two fold

1) to let you know if you are about to buy on a site that gives donations, you get a little pop up asking if you want to activate the fundraising or when you go on google and search for something a little icon pops up letting you kniow it is one of the donating companies just as your antivirus will show a little icon letting you know if the site is safe or a reported site.

2) to ensure after buying something the site hands over the donation.

I use firefox, and when i close it i've got it set to delete ALL data so nothing remains.

One of the things that really confuses me are why people never clear their data, what easier way to track someone than to put a cookie on their log in (you have to agree to cookies to be able to sign in) and follow them around the net most of them use the excuse that they can't remember the web address or their login details... so they stay logged in...which makes it easier for hacking and data mining!!

I've seen people posting about targetted advertising, "last week i was looking at xxxxxx and now i'm getting adverts for it, how the hell did they know".... they seem a little put out when you explain it "easy, you looked at it, your cookies recorded the search/viewing and because you never clear your data or turn off your computer it's all stored in the memory and now the targetting cookies are going to spam your browser with adverts for it!"