Easter weekend - do your plans include fishing?

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've Four day's off work (by order of the missus) so no tools, no DiY, none of that can't be mentioned activity involving paint and brushes, but four days of leisure and hopefully at least one of them on the bank, Sunday or Monday possibly.

Time to polish up my act, get the tackle out, and have another go at blowing off those cobwebs ;)

What are your plans for the bank holiday, do they include fishing?

1649830418538.png

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
At the moment I have another trip to the northwest to fish a match at Hampton Springs with a small club I was in when I lived up there.

Choices are go down Friday and stay over hopefully at mates or my middle lads, or get up and leave at daft o clock for a 2.5 hour drive to get there for around 8am. Fish the match for 5 hours, have a good chat with the lads I have not seen for a while and drive back to Oxford.

It's not helped that I was laid up yesterday coughing and shivering, I was with youngest granddaughters in Warrington over the weekend, one of them had a cold, Little Typhoid Mary 😃

I Feel a bit better now,

BBear

Site Supporter
I quite fancy trying a local commercial which is supposed to have great silver fishing - Plantation Lakes near Bristol if anyone’s heard of it.

Otherwise it’s going to be a blitz on the garden. Weather looks ok.

MrBen

Site Supporter
Yep plan on fishing all four days, even thinking of getting the feeders out for a fling and the pole for a waggle! Probably going to get the lures out either tonight or Thursday for a little chuck around, got to love lighter evenings.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
I've Four day's off work (by order of the missus) so no tools, no DiY, none of that can't be mentioned activity involving paint and brushes, but four days of leisure and hopefully at least one of them on the bank, Sunday or Monday possibly.

Time to polish up my act, get the tackle out, and have another go at blowing off those cobwebs ;)

What are your plans for the bank holiday, do they include fishing?

1649830418538.png
2nd club match is at land of nod (wholesea grange ) pond 2 , not fished it for a few years . Looking forward to it ,i hope i draw well 😁

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Fishing Friday and Monday visiting uni friends Saturday and Sunday. Plan is to have a first crack of the year on a pretty much natural water on Friday although I suspect it’s still a couple weeks too early for it to fish so will likely be falling back on a commercial on Monday. If by some miracle Fridays place has woken up then I’ll go back there Monday as well.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Going to The Vine in Kinver for my dads Birthday Meal on Friday but going to try to take advantage of the warmer temperatures and go Tench fishing on Saturday, but not really expecting much just yet.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Sadly not here... friday, day with SWMBO, saturday food shopping, sunday, out to dinner with family (name drop, Drennan/Mainline's Chris VanderVleit) and monday going to Ipswich for "an Audience with Test Match Special commentators"

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Yep, booked onto matches both Saturday and Sunday. Jobs to do at home on Friday, and a barbecue (weather permitting) on monday

Carp attack

Friday got teams of 5 at messingham sands, try defend are title from last year! 💪
Saturday off to play bank runner for my mate I reckon, unless the mrs lines up some jobs! 😬
Sunday have a chill & prep day,
Monday got pairs at Sands again, try improve on 3rd place from last year, 🤞
Hopefully the draw gods are kind but ppl keep telling me am never off a flyer anyway 😂👍

TiggerXFM

I usually avoid doing anything over a bank holiday, it's like the lunatic asylums allow all the nutters run wild for the duration, especially if it's sunny, warm and dry!

smiffy

Site Supporter
Anything remotely resembling a low pressure system and I’m sure I’ll be worrying some Bream at Ardleigh👍.

Rob F

Site Supporter
Waiting on a negative covid test before making any plans, went down with the old Kung-Flu last week.

All clear = at least a one day fishing. If not then gardening and wine bottling, also homebrew bottle emptying ready for a batch of IPA to go on- it's a chore but it has to be done!