East Northamptonshire Get Together?

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
I might be interested in joining you for a casual dangle - nothing competitive though, me and match fishing don't get along.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Neil, I'd be interested if it was not a Sunday (will probably have a club match).

Be aware that Rysons is booked for a MD day out on April 19. I've found out a bit about it - a water where bread is banned but allowed! Also no toilets. Not sure whether I will try that, as 12 anglers on a 40-peg lake is not what I like - I prefer to be able to see and talk to the angler next door.

If you don't mind me adding to the 'bit you have found out' about Rysons.

I believe most if not all enjoyed it last year and as a change with it being a Bream, Tench, Silvers water only. Some of the pegs are no brainers to leave out and especially around the shallow and weedy in spring in the North East bay part of the lake, but i can see if someone has limited knowledge of the venue, that 12 out out of 40 pegs may be meaning you are isolated, reality is, this isn't the case however.

Fair play to the bailiff too for always applying a pay per peg for us and giving us the whole lake. 100% of the lake at just over 30% of the possible cost is fairly rare too.

I had a decent chat with the anglers either side of me last year and with a peg missed in between, meeting some new people in the process.

Mainly a feeder water, but pole does produce in the right pegs and when the Bream want a pole fishable depth of water to be in, with the feeder being a strong possibility of being in people plans, plenty of room for it is reflected in the 12 peg limit.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Thank you for the positive responses. I must admit that as I am not fishing it the Rysons get together on April19 had slipped my mind (as had the MD calendar). How about a date in June? Benefits are daylight hours for those travelling a distance, better fishing (hopefully).

I will research breakfast options for @Scribe and his enormous appetite, Kevin - how good are your cooking skills?
Neil,

there are a couple of cafes that we've used in Irthlingborough that do a decent full fry up for breakfast. Jennie's is one of them and I can't remember the name of the other (I've heard that it's even better).

about a 10 minute drive to Ringstead from there and there is a large free car park in the centre of town.

Not as easy as the Raunds MacD's - but another option,

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Thank you for the positive responses. I must admit that as I am not fishing it the Rysons get together on April19 had slipped my mind (as had the MD calendar). How about a date in June? Benefits are daylight hours for those travelling a distance, better fishing (hopefully).

I will research breakfast options for @Scribe and his enormous appetite, Kevin - how good are your cooking skills?

Not as good as my angling ability..........I'll leave you to draw whether conclusion you will from that. :) What where you thinking Neil BBQ Breakfast ?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
If we find a few more local lads, maybe we can arrange a knock up around our neck of the woods ?
Yeah - there are a few lads on here from Wirral, I know. AdieSWA, Frankg, Swim Jim, Baldie......just to name four. They're all from Wirral

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Yeah - there are a few lads on here from Wirral, I know. AdieSWA, Frankg, Swim Jim, Baldie......just to name four. They're all from Wirral

Yeah but no sane normal human being would ever set foot in the Wirral.....sheeesh you'll be claiming New Brighton is a holiday destination next!

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Yeah but no sane normal human being would ever set foot in the Wirral.....sheeesh you'll be claiming New Brighton is a holiday destination next!
Oy!!
It used to be, many years ago. There was a New Brighton boat that would sail from Liverpool, bring loads of scousers over for their annual holiday.
Anyway - you're just jealous because you're a midlands wallah & only ever saw the sea when you watched Gilligan's Island as a kid.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Neil,

there are a couple of cafes that we've used in Irthlingborough that do a decent full fry up for breakfast. Jennie's is one of them and I can't remember the name of the other (I've heard that it's even better).

about a 10 minute drive to Ringstead from there and there is a large free car park in the centre of town.

Not as easy as the Raunds MacD's - but another option,

That was my thought. The other café might be Born &Bread, now closed. Or opposite Jenny's is Café @45 that may open early for us. I just need to have a chat with them about early opening.

My other thought was that we have a catering waggon on site that I may be able to get the use of. Dining Al fresco but cheaper and Scribe can cook as big a brekkie as he desires.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
And if I am up that way I will fish , lovely part of the country is the Wirrall, I have family who came from parkgate many years ago, My great grandfather was a fisherman there, he drowned when boat capsized. Buried in newton churchyard

The Landlord

Site Supporter
And if I am up that way I will fish , lovely part of the country is the Wirrall, I have family who came from parkgate many years ago, My great grandfather was a fisherman there, he drowned when boat capsized. Buried in newton churchyard
Wow.
Have you ever read the history of Parkgate? It was once a booming seaport until it silted up & Liverpool became the main port. That's why there's so many pubs & inns in the area because the sea captains used to stop off on their way back to London.

Carp attack

Neil, would decoy be able to accommodate you?

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
Wow.
Have you ever read the history of Parkgate? It was once a booming seaport until it silted up & Liverpool became the main port. That's why there's so many pubs & inns in the area because the sea captains used to stop off on their way back to London.
Yes my grandparents were going to buy the "Ship" I think it was, it's on the prom.
I remember the 3 upturned boats on the marshes ther, My dad and his two brothers had to stand on those when they were younger as the tide came in. They thought they could walk across to the other side. Never stopped me and friends smooching on there though. I have been many times when tiddles has been in, also remember west kirby baths, and flat fish that were that freshly caught they were still alive on marble slabs at fishmongers. Plus the ice cream parlours that also sold shrimps
Post on great grandfather should have read buried as Neston churchyard along with other members of my family