East coast of Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Following Adam'S report about his sea fishing trip i thought i would put a report on from our last trip to St'Abbs.

My self and two cousins made at least 4 trips a year to fish the rock marks arond St'Abbs and Torness (BIG SEA BASS) NEXT TO THE POWER STATION.

The first pic show where we fished from, a cosy little reccess in the rocks, the rocks were formed millions of years ago from volcanic eruptions.
The tackle i was using was.
Century Tip Tornado Tournament rod,, Shimmano stradic 700s sea, boat reel loaded with 30ld Diwa sensor line, 4/0 kammasan hook to pully rig and a 6oz gripper weight.

Baits used.
Fresh peeler crab.
Fresh lug worm.
Fresh rag worm.
Fresh mussel.
Lures were also used to tempt the mackeral.
This is the spot we fished from.

Datafile.jpg .

Here is some fishy pics.

This is Mark with his red cod, hooked from the kelp bed, a nice one of about 6lb
Datafile.jpg .

Then Mark decided to do a victory climb

Datafile.jpg

Here are my two best fish of the day.A nice cod

Datafile.jpg

And my second cod, this is me when i was a couple of stone lighter, notice the bulge in the cod's belly, when i gutted it there was 5 whole crab in its gut, as well as my peeler crab bait and other stuff.

Datafile.jpg .

Trev,Norm any remarks for my JUMPER (LoL)..

Sadly this was our last trip together due to family problems,Eric and Mark fell out big style and to this day they do not speak to each other, i have tried to get them to see reason but the two stubborm ******* will have nothing to do with each other. Life is to bloody short for all that rubbish.

But still i have the memories of the good times....

When the cod season starts i will be reporting on the outings.

A big thanks to you Adam for getting the sea reports off the ground mate

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Edited by - toma on 01 September 2002 4:39:35 PM

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have now discovered why Andy doesn't drive. He cannot tell his Easts from his Wests. When did Torness move from near Dunbar Andy?

Geoff

RSSG member - are you?
Clean Banks Campaign member

G

Geoff it more than likely sounds the same as torness?? but it is'nt, that'll do for moi.

Any way had some big sea bass from the out let pipe, biggest around 8.5lb, got some nasty spikes on them, ouch i can still feel them going into my hand.

The place we stopped at was called Coldingham bay caravan park, we used the dive centre 10 a night, tv room kitchen, showers and a bar on site.

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Nice 1 Andy,

I guess when Granny was knitting the Jumper, she had a couple of fags, 'cos you can see where the ash fell in the wool!

Bet the Bass tasted nice!

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

goin_fishin

'Tiddler'
Is sea fishing all that worth it..?????????????
Ive never been cos when i see people fish like at scarbourgh or somewhere like that no ones ever catching i have the tackle i have a very nice rod i bought from tarrgona.....

Regards Gf

G

Now then GF is any form of fishing worth it????????.
How many times have you seen somebody blank?????
Yes its worth it, go give it a try you just might like it

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello

looks like a lovely mark andy, looks like a good bet for some wrasse
maybe.

Never had a cod from the shore those ones look great.

Alas i get to do very little sea fishing at the moment, a few big trips each year to fish for 3-6 days straight usually but i cant wait to get back to dingle next year, ive got the bug now. in the meantime river roach will have to do, for a while anyway till pike season.

gf- sea fishing is a great change, different challenges and rewards than coarse fishing, but its well worth a go.

well done andy
ADAM

http://groups.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

G

Adam to the right of the picture we found a little gully, the climb to it is a bit hairy, got to inch your way along a ledge of about 1.5ft, Eric being the bravest,, or daftest,decided to go,he had 3 wrasse, as you know Adam the wrasse pair up for life, so where the 4th one was is a mystery, the biggest was about 2.75 pounds.We have got plans to go to a place called Balcary, now that is a good mark to fish from,, cod to 20lb+ from the rock marks. Once again it is a mountain goat mark to get to, but well worth the effort.

Thanks again Adam

i'm going to bait up
Andy

G

Adam here is a ballen wrasse i hooked at one of the safer spots, when i got this one i was useing light gear, fixed spool reel with 12lb line, i had a pully rig on with a size 2 crab hook with a cocktail bait on. I got his mate but i had no film left in my camera

i'm going to bait up
Andy

G

Yes Adam a decent fight, the worst part of it tho was pulling it up the rock face without damaging it, no problem putting him back Eric went down a ledge with him

i'm going to bait up
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.