Status
Not open for further replies.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
knotlessknot.gif

http://www.carpkrazy.com/carp-rigs.html

google is your best friend mate

supersuperleeds

I used this one http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/rig-section/carp-rigs/tie_hair_rig_knotless_knot.html

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
there SO SO SO SO many website mate to look at and videos to watch.

when you have tied 1, you will find it EXTREMELY easy after...

Ben.M

Originally posted by common_carp

there SO SO SO SO many website mate to look at and videos to watch.

when you have tied 1, you will find it EXTREMELY easy after...

So true, it is much easier than you think, iirc this is the 1 I learnt off of,

http://www.fishforcarp.com/html/hairrigs.htm

Ben.M

perchlover

Also, how to I fix the bait on. Sorry, never used this method before. Want to use it for bigger Bream and smaller Carp?

perchlover

Also, I am confused as to the mainline. Do you use one piece of line for the whole of it or cut a piece of and once tied, tie it to a swivel??

bluntbaby

Originally posted by perchlover

Also, I am confused as to the mainline. Do you use one piece of line for the whole of it or cut a piece of and once tied, tie it to a swivel??

Use a shorter peice of hooklength line, you need to be able to thread the end of line closest to the reel through the eye of the hook. Its a bit difficult if its attached to a reel.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
perchlover its pretty simple fella...

theres a few ways here....

1. use different line and tie the hair rig as normal, once done, cut and leave about 1" tag. Get a lighter and burn the tag back to the eye leaving a blob (stronger than any knott) then get your main line and tie the hook on as you would normally. Classed as fishing completely straight through.

2. use a completly different hook link. 12lb main line and a 10lb hook link (for example). Tie the hair as normal then leave yourself about 14" then tie the swivel to the other end of it and should leave you about 10/12" hook link (perfect / average length) tie another swivel to your main line and use a quick link (ESP) and attach to 2 together

anything else, let me know

supersuperleeds

I tie the hair first using of one those green loop tyer things. Cut the line to the length I want. Tie the hook onto the hook length. Tie a loop in the other end of the hook length and then use the loop to loop method to put the hook length onto the main line.

perchlover

Cheers guys. I also watched a video. I will practice it tonight or tomorrow night. I want to hair rig some sweetcorn and pellets and this looks a great method.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by perchlover

Cheers guys. I also watched a video. I will practice it tonight or tomorrow night. I want to hair rig some sweetcorn and pellets and this looks a great method.

a tip.

if you have any fake corn (i 100% advise you to get some) when you tie your hair loop on the line (slide the hook on 1st [:T] ) attach the amount of corn you want to use with a hair stop, as normal then position the hook where you want it (length of hair is your choice) and then tie the knottless knott [:)]

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Korum Quickstops are your answer. Great for corn.

I tie mine on to a length of hooklength line using a sliding knot then tie the hair using the knotless knot. Hook onto a pin in a piece of board and tie the loop at the right length marked on the board. I usually start with about 5 foot of hooklength line and get 4 ten inch hooklengths out of it.

captain boycott

Try using a larger hook at first (just to learn) before you start tying hair rigs using size 16's or similar. It's soooo fiddly tying up hair rigs on small hooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.