Earlswood lakes

Hello All.... I used to fish Earlswood lakes regularly,but I haven't been for over 10years. I mainly fished Engine lake. But,as all the fish have been removed,I decided to try Windmill(the Yachter)..

I found the bailiffs phone number from the Canal trust website,and gave him a quick ring to inquire if there are any matches booked on the day I was wanted to fish( there wasn't)...

I picked peg 39( towards the road dam),mainly because that was as far as I wanted to push my barrow!.. I choose to fish the feeder with two lines at 25-30m, and 50-55m in slightly deeper water... Groundbait feeder was the weapon of choice with chopped worm and caster on the short line,and just casters on the long line... Started short,with just a few perch in the first hour. Swapped to the long line,and within minutes was into a 5lb slab! Four more followed between 3 and 6lb,before it died a death. Went back on the short line,but cut out the chopped worm.. Cue regular slabs up to 8lb!.. Regular casting every 5-10mins resulted in well over 100lb of slabs in 6 hrs fishing..

I know they hold regular Saturday open matches with plenty of weights in the 30-50lb bracket.

I only saw one other angler whilst I was there,who was also catching regularly.

Give it a go!.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Same here really, I'm just getting back into it. I fished Earlswood quite a bit as a kid as I used to live round there. That was before they stocked one of the lakes with carp. Won a club match when the carp were still small enough (5lb a piece) to catch on a pole there but haven't fished it for years. I love Bream fishing though. If I hadn't have recently moved house it's likely that Earlswood would have been my go to Bream venue. A ton of Bream is fishing heaven to me. Even if there was still carp in one of the lakes I'd probably fish the Bream lake but that's just me.

Same here really, I'm just getting back into it. I fished Earlswood quite a bit as a kid as I used to live round there. That was before they stocked one of the lakes with carp. Won a club match when the carp were still small enough (5lb a piece) to catch on a pole there but haven't fished it for years. I love Bream fishing though. If I hadn't have recently moved house it's likely that Earlswood would have been my go to Bream venue. A ton of Bream is fishing heaven to me.
It's my first ton anywhere,which considering the fact I fish a lot of commercials,is a bit surprising lol!

bluemack

Site Supporter
That,s a great net of fish mate i walk round earlswood 2 or 3 times a week with my dog and rarely see anyone fishing there.

I reckon the fact their are no carp in there puts a lot of people off,very few want to catch Bream these days mate.
I agree mate,which is a bloody shame.... I fished it again last week,but mainly tried for the roach..20m out,on a maggot feeder,had a net full of small roach and perch. Great fun!