EA river levels site.

jods

Update:

New Links...

England River and Sea: https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/river-and-sea-levels

Wales River and Sea: http://www.naturalresources.wales/our-evidence-and-reports/maps/river-levels-online?lang=en

The Environment Agency has launched a new online river and sea levels service. This basically gives you the 'Rivercall' information free of charge.
Click on the bits of the map you are interested in, and then you can zoom in to the individual gauging site that is closest to your desired fishing location. Not all sites are live, but search around and you'll find a reliable one. Handy text version for internet phone users too.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Excellent find[:T][:T]

That's gonna save a few wasted journeys this year[:D][:D]

Simon

GARYCATCH

That's a good find and will save me some time as i control river levels in Northampton for my job!!

HALTON DANGLER

Site Supporter
top find that mate especially come winter!!. maybe make it sticky at top of page so doesnt get lost as posts decline

busa

We measure river and sea levels across England and Wales by collecting data from our monitoring stations along the rivers and the coast.

This service is being temporarily interrupted due to technical difficulties, we are working hard to address.

There is currently no reinstatement date for this.

Simon R

Site Supporter
Bloody typical - thinking of having a run out to Catterick tomorrow.

I know it's a waste of time if the river is too low so thought I'd check the EA site .............. and it's knackered [:(][:(]

Simon

cant win

i think it was running for 3 days,and there must have been too much traffic [:(] now were back were we started on the damn phone.

nelson66

I reckon they shut it down when someone realised that they were giving a service for free which people used to pay for.
Tight ar*es

jods

I think tbh it wasn't ready for release was posted on another site by a ea employee. The traffic prob killed the server.

Last edited:

C.S.H

Hi all,
Careful with this EA site. I monitored the readings for the Warwickshire Avon some weeks ago after quite a lot of rain over the duration of a week. There were 4 of us planning to fish below Stratford on Stannalls. The site showed the river rising but was far from accurate. Stratford showed 30cm above normal when infact it was over 2 and a half foot up. Warwick showed approx 40cmm above normal and was it was actully over the fields.

matchstickman25

Ive found it to be spot on so far, BUT there is a delay. This means if the sites showing a rising river, expect it to have risen further by the time you are wanting to fish. This is because the site is only automatically updated two or three times a day, BUT you can check whats been happening further upstream thanks to good coverage provided by the monitoring stations. Great site.

Last edited:

bmw

This site works for me, it shows the tyne running near normal at riding mill, so turning up at wylam for some dace fishing i found the river a few inches up with a slight snow water colour.
Previously i would waste time driving to the river just to find it very angry.