Is the email being sent from the forum or from your own email software ie
The reason I ask is that the email client that is set for the forum has been
on and off a few times over the past couple of days whilst some security
fixes were put in place prior to running the private messages thing.
Any emails sent during this time from the forum will have been queued on the
server waiting to go.
They should all have gone by now and everything should be working just fine.
Hm a field of corn....ain't that what they spread sh*t on to make it grow??
If it is then you must also have more sh*t in you than a field of corn.
Anyway i'm going to bed cos i've been up since 5 & i've spent all day dealing with idiots who can't see they're wrong (even when you prove it), total knobheads who seem to think as you work in a fuel station you must be a retard, foriegners who can't seem to understand that Alton towers is in staffordshire & not Stafford town center & even though you've lived here all your life they are right n you ain't.
Oh & the worst dick of all was a guy who reckons that all anglers are bad for the environment,Know nothing about the creatures they try to catch, leave litter everywhere they go, put fish in waters that they shouldn't be in, destroy farm land, hedge rows & river banks, but most of all they shouldn't be in the CA because they are nothing to do with the countryside & they are just making the CA an easier target for the anti brigade to target.
After explaining a few things to him with some well chosen words he left, i am still seething now & this happened about 3 o'clock this afternoon, i really must learn not to hold my anger against people who pee me off for so long
At times is a worry cos of me being a moderator, its also the reason i stay out of some threads, as a mod you've got to take some flack & still remain nuetral.
Good job the stupid yank mod off AN has got a sense of humor ain't it.?
Ayeoop yer Staffordshire ......... I'd hate to have to eat your CornFlakes on a morning - had a bad day then ???
One, two, three ------- OHHHHHH DE DUMMSS
Andy, getting back to the thread,
Can you let me know if you are sending the emails off the forum as they are working fine as far as I know. Earlier I logged on under your username and sent a test email to myself and a private message and both came through straight away.
I got your email today sent from mel@,,,,,, without any problems so it could be a problem with you SMTP settings at your ISP (Freeserve).
Firstly though just check you Outlook Express setup:
Open Outlook Express and
1) In 'File' go to 'Switch Identity' and select your Identity, click 'OK'
2) Once it has changed you over, go to 'Tools' then 'Accounts'.
In here you should see at least one that says - 'pop3.jangar8.fsnet.co.uk' Highlight it and click 'Properties'
3) In the new window click the 'Server' tab. You should now see your Outgoing Mail (smtp) which should read: smtp.jangar8.fsnet.co.uk
The address after 'smtp.' should be the same as your Incoming Mail(POP3)
4) If not alter it and then click Apply.
5) Assuming that it reads correctly click the Advanced tab.
In here you will see a box that says 'Outgoing mail(smtp)' with a figure in it. Set it to 25 if not already and make sure that the tick boxes for needing a secure connection are unchecked.
6) Click 'Apply' if you have changed anything and/or 'OK'
7) Back to your Outlook Express main page and send yourself an email.
8) Give it a minute or two and then click the 'Send/Recv' button. Has it arrived?
9) If not, grab a coffee and try the Send/Recv again.
10) Still no luck? Go back and work back down to 5) of the above. This time in the 'Outgoing mail(smtp)' enter the figure 250 click Apply and OK and follow the remainder of the steps.
11) If it has arrived, sorted leave it at that. If not it looks like a call to Freeserve to check the smtp from their end to make sure that it is active.