E-BIKE TO THE TOTTENHAM GAME

cameraman

The best thing on Sky Sports
Received an email today whilst working at the test match that Sky want all staff to get to the match using green transport. They are providing e-bikes for us to cycle to the game. Normally we stay at Watford and I just cant see me getting to work.

cameraman

Staying in Watford and then an e-bike to watch Spurs - if this isn't textbook 'Cruel and Unusual Punishment' then I don't know what is.
Luckily the cameras are all going by a new electric truck.

Fugley-fisher

Fishing the stour dorset, most probably!
Site Supporter
There is no good route even getting the train and underground is a right pain in the ass. It's got to be 20ish miles between the two, even in my fit days on a bike that's 2+ hours ish. By car it's 40 mins without traffic.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
If I were you, I'd go train from Watford Junc to Euston, then Victoria line to Tottenham Hale. It's a pain but not too bad.

Depends where you stay in Watford as to whether the tube station (slow trains) or Watford Junction is better to get to.

Cycling is a no-no in my book around those parts on a match day.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
If I were you, I'd go train from Watford Junc to Euston, then Victoria line to Tottenham Hale. It's a pain but not too bad.

Depends where you stay in Watford as to whether the tube station (slow trains) or Watford Junction is better to get to.

I don't think you quite get the concept of being carbon neutral.

cameraman

Got to be as green as possible. Trains are not allowed!!!

RegalisXFM

слава Україні🇺🇦
Site Supporter
Shame its not a later kick off. They could have played with the flood lights off to save on the carbon footprint.... and the spuds fans would be saved from having to watch their team

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Got to be as green as possible. Trains are not allowed!!!
So when it says

1631011756356.png

This means that trains are no longer public transport?

Or are you guys under a stricter set of rules?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Shame its not a later kick off. They could have played with the flood lights off to save on the carbon footprint.... and the spuds fans would be saved from having to watch their team
4:30 kick off and so be 6:15/6:30 finish.
Might need the floodlights on by then. 🤷‍♂️

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
M1 A406 whats the problem?
You will be overtaking all the traffic as it dont move fast around there😉

Last time I stayed in Watford it was 50/50 for tube into London at Watford or Croxley Green.
I opted for Croxley Green to avoid crowds!

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Public transport is for the fans
In that case then I would request a different start point - It's not reasonable to expect you to cycle in London for over 2 hours just to get to your place of work ( I presume you're not expected to cycle back afterwards?) If anyone says it is (manager, HR etc.) then invite them to cycle along with you.

I presume all the presenting talent will be cycling to the ground as well?