E-bay - H-e-e-e-e-e-e-elp!

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I'm basically basically savvy when it comes to posting/attaching pictures on the bay of e but I have a problem that I'm confident that the collective can help with. I've listed an electronic piano and attached a few pictures. So far so good. Someone has sent me a message asking if it would be possible to send a video of the instrument being played so that he/she can see and hear it. So, sticking the faithful Lumix DMC-FZ45 into video mode I filmed her royal lusciousness playing it in several of the various sound and rhythm modes. Plugged the camera into my computer and proceeded to download it (the video).
Now I composed a wee covering note and attached the video file. Ah, clicked on the icon for the video and, "file not found". At this juncture I should explain that normally whatever gets downloaded from the camera goes onto the desktop but this time it was downloaded into "Pictures". Moving the file into both the desktop and the video file produced the same result, "file not find" BUT................If I dive into pictures there it is, and I can open it up and play it. But if I reply to the person's message, click onto attach pictures and go into the picture file it has mysteriously vanished.
I hate computers.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Just a guess but is the video mode you have recorded in one that eBay accepts? If not a supported mode then that would explain the file not found message.

I know that I have had the same problem loading pictures on here if the file extension is not supported.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Or, jusdt found this, seems like you may have to upload to Youtube or similar then embed that address into the listing. Same as adding video on here.

Embedding a Video in an eBay Listing​

To embed a video in your eBay listing(s), simply follow these steps:

1. Record a video of your item in a clean, well-lit area. Record where your device looks its best and where you can represent yourself as a professional. Describe the item as you show it to the camera. Give multiple views and show it in operation, if possible. Be sure to speak calmly and clearly.
  2. Post your video to a video-sharing site. YouTube is the obvious suspect since it’s free, eBay supports it, and so many use it, but any number of video sites will work fine as well.
  3. Copy the embed code for your video. On YouTube, this is done by selecting the "Embed" button on the page for your video, click your mouse in the box that appears, and then typing "CTRL-A" followed by "CTRL-C."

4. Post an eBay listing. Use the item listing form to begin your eBay listing and fill it out as you normally would, until you reach the item description area.
  5. Paste the embed code Into your item description using HTML. Enter your item description as you normally would, but before moving on, select the "HTM" tab over the description editor to switch to the HTML view. Move your mouse cursor to the very end of the code already there and type CTRL-V to embed the code for your video.
  6. Finish your item listing and post it: When your listing is complete, you’ll find that the video you recorded is embedded in your item description so that bidders and buyers can easily click and play.