dynamite youth festival @ makins... read!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strat2

yesterday was very hot indeed.

people the likes of Matt gibbs "miffy" previous winner.. ollie scothorn "alans son" danny fugler and danny huxley from the England team.
Samantha perkins Ladies england team.

it was a blisteringly hot day and Matt gibbs pulled out peg A20 on the makins complex phase 1 pool 2 an instant flyer.
at the draw my stomach dropped as i pulled out pg A4 not a happy draw at all but on the up my mate who i came with pulled out peg A5 so we could chat..
i started off the day settin up paste at 10m and catmeat down the edge and pellet wag.
i had a small island to fish to which is normally barron but i decided it was my best bet.
aswell the person on my peg the day before blanked :S
i set up my maver genesis 12ft float rod with my maver tica 3000sa reel with 5lb ultima power on using a 0.17 hooklink with a drennan feeder carp barbless in a 16.
i fed a big pouch of pellet to create some noise at the start and then carried on feeding 5 pellet at a time. 1st cast the float settled and dissapear to my suprise.... i missed the bite :(
next cast i shallow still feeding 5 pellet every 30secs bag wrap around 1 fish in 4min not bad :D then i went on to lose another 7 fish on the trot foul hookers mean while my mate had less bites but had 3 fish in the net.
i shallowed up to 6inches under the float and cut down on my feeding to 2 pellets tightly fed around the float every 45 secs.
i tried to work out wether they would take it straight away or on the drop after the 3rd hour i had 9 fish in my net and was leading the match.
then the fourth hour came with a blank spell so i decided to experiment and fish wag on the deck and slow my feeding to a full pouch of 6mm pellet insted of 8mm every 5min. using double hair rigged corn on the bottom. 20min later a 7lb carp folloewed mean while my mate stopped cathcing totally.
in the last hour all havoc broke loose and it was a baggin session but i hesitated and panicked and fed to much and started fould hooking and loosing fish every put in.
i managed to lose 9 fish in the last hour ouch!!
but in the last 15 min i put 3 in the net and lost another bringing my loss to 17 fish :(

later after my interview with matchfishing.

i told my mate hes beat me he disagreed strongly because i hooked so many fish!
the scales came to me and i put only 56lb exactly on the board :( alot less than i should have had.
my mate but 72lb on the board.
he was first and i was 3rd i was beaten by a weight of 57lb 2oz.... gutted i was :O

oh well it happens to us all.

if it wasnt for dynamite and preston there wouldnt be such a comp..

thanx for reading
ps i was 6th out of 77 kids and 3rd on my lake

adam_f

nice report. If you didnt lose 17 fish you would have kicked my bum !!! i actually had 73-4-0 not 72 and the lad tht beat you had 58lb but all aside it was a brilliant day and i would aswell like to say a big thank you to preston innovations and dynamite baits for providing all the prizes on the day

Ady

Formerly Adymon
What were the prizes lads?

Well done and unlucky Strat mate, nothing worse than losing fish and i bet in a match its soul destroying, still you will have learned from it, nicely done :)

strat2

i really enjoied the match even though i did lose many fish :p but as i said on the day to Andy fin "5h1t happens" alot of people where amazed at my attitude towards it. IF you have ever been fishign with me you can see i really take it all as a laugh as fraza craig and miles day found out :p

prizes were rods keepnets, rodholdall s loads of bait floats the lot

Barberj84

unlucky strat, sounds like you fished a good match and wasnt afraid to change things to turn your fortune round. I think we all can probably learn more when we sometimes dont win matches.
im sure you will get yourself there next time round

Status
Not open for further replies.