Dunwear Ponds, Bridgwater,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peezartiste

always preferred float fishing but decided I had to get into the 21st Century so got couple of method feeders, a mould and some hair rig hooks with a band on the hair. Tried for first time on Saturday at Cellophane ponds and got a 3lb bream and a 6lb 4oz Tench and loads and loads of tangles.

Thought about the tangles and changed from the elasicated feeder to inline feeder and went to Dunwear Senior pond, peg 1 today.

Took about an hour for anything to show but kept putting in the feeder with sonubaits method mix and then started to get plucks. Eventually got the first bream of just over 5 lb. Ended up with 8 fish altogether, largest 6lb 2oz and none under 5lb. Probably due to inexperience, I missed a lot of bites, although tbh they were very gentle. Dropped 2 on the retrieve, but all in a very satisfactory afternoon (11:30 - 4:30)

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Some decent fish, a good afternoon.
I`m a little surprised by the tangles and the missed bites, what length hooklength were you using?

Peezartiste

I was using 4 inch hooklength to a size 14. I think the reason I was getting the tangles was I was using the preston elasticated method feeder, and I had it set up wrongly. Had no problem when I switched to the inline feeder.
Went back to Dunwear today, but not so good. Arrived at 0830am thru to 4:30pm. Got first fish at 12:15 and another at 12:40, first one 6lb 4oz and the second slightly smaller. That was it. I don't suppose it helped that they were busy spawning.

slappy2

fished venue alot cellophane when younger had ticket changed alot now,some good slabs at dunwear tho keep sayin give it ago again but as got north somerset ticket and carp venue also its all money money at mo :- (

want to try the method or coil at cummige ponds at cannington spelt that so wrong,lol slabs to well over 10 in there had load last time was there fishing with small ringer boilies using the coil fishing at 50 yards suppose never done well using pole there tho

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by slappy2

fished venue alot cellophane when younger had ticket changed alot now,some good slabs at dunwear tho keep sayin give it ago again but as got north somerset ticket and carp venue also its all money money at mo :- (

want to try the method or coil at cummige ponds at cannington spelt that so wrong,lol slabs to well over 10 in there had load last time was there fishing with small ringer boilies using the coil fishing at 50 yards suppose never done well using pole there tho

Combwich is the spelling your after, Slappy!!

That was the place of my one and only night fishing experience, over 30 years ago. Blanked and bored stiff, never been night fishing again. In fact the carper who took me was pretty disgruntled, as I took a float rod and some maggots and started catching small rudd at first light, just to get a bite.

Cellophane ponds used to have some nice matches on them back in the late eighties, Saturday mornings IIRC, plenty of skimmers and tench, they were also my first experience of catching carp using a hair-rigged bait. Although it was, to the letter of the law, cheating, as we used to whip a size 24 on 12oz line into a spade end size 12 and hook the corn onto the 24. Long before the days of stops, coils, springs or bait bands.

Plenty of happy memories of fishing all the lakes and drains in somerset in the seventies and eighties.

Status
Not open for further replies.