Dunston Heath Farm With Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

murph999

Datafile11.jpg

Fished Dunston Heath Farm pool yesterday (Photo Above) only a very small venue but really pretty little pool , got there around 6am ,4 day ticket and full of fish , a good head of Crucians , Roach , Bream , Perch , Tench up to the 4lb mark and some decent sized Carp.

Datafile11.jpg

Decided to fish the end peg close to the island , then the heavens opened just after the above picture was taken , it only rained twice yesterday at this venue , ALL MORNING AND ALL AFTERNOON !!!
Started off fishing close to the island and getting regular catches of small stuff on a single red maggot , my next door neighbour and fishing buddy Paul , who also took the piccies had a lovely Tench of around the 4lb mark using the same method.

Datafile11.jpg

Above , my new friend , the farm dog , very friendly and likes pork pie and sausage rolls !!!! Apparently when it's dry the farm cats will come and sit by you aswell hoping for a small fish to drop off !!!

Datafile11.jpg

Another view of my swim before it started raining , the little island is only about 12 feet from the peg i fished and according to the farmer (John) it's only around 5 feet deep. With the weather worsening and with us both being soaked to the skin despite being under our brolly's , we decided to give it one last hour and i changed from bagging up on the small stuff to seeing if there was any big uns about , a size 12 hook with a waggler was swiftly put on my swivel clip and a small prawn for bait pretty much got them going straight away , timid bites at first but then BANG !!!! Hooked into something that felt like i was reeling in one of the barn doors from the farm , 15 minutes later i landed this (below)

Datafile11.jpg

Didn't weigh it unfortunately because 1. hadn't got the weigh sling and couldn't be ar$ed to get it from the car , and 2. by now we were both really wet and p1$$ed off with the weather , don't think it was a PB (14lbs 2ozs) but not far off and a nice finish to the day.
Would reccomend this venue to anyone , but choose a better day than we did LOL.
Directions .... M6 Junction 13 , go south down A449 towards Wolverhampton , after about half a mile take the first turning on the right (School lane) , follow this over the railway bridge for another half mile and you'll see another right turn into Dunston Heath Farm , the pool is at the back and toilets are available ladies !!!!!
All in all a great day apart from the rain ....... Murph

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Looks like a really 'easy' venue if you get me, anyone can reach the islands accurately, the type of venue that catches all year round!

Nice report!

murph999

Ady , yes mate you're right , would be ideal to teach a little 'un as you are virtually garuanteed to catch here and you just never know what you are going to hook next. BTW i failed to mention it also has a caravan and camping field aswell , great for a long weekend.
1fishingfrown.gif

T K

Bum Draw Master
Hi Murph - looks like it's been extended since I fished it 5-6 years ago How many pegs are there now? Does the farmer take club match bookings?

Simple

Sikea
Amazing, this place is only 5 minutes away from me and I never knew about it. Will deffo be taking a drive up there.

Cracking report and picture also mate. Well done. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

TK, if you get a match on there, book me in. I wouldn't need to get up till 5 minutes before the draw [;)][:p]

murph999

TK theres about ten to telve pegs mate thats all , its the first time i've ever fished it the other day , as i mentioned in the report its a fab place , a real jewel , but very small , not sure about booking it for matches , going again on Tuesday this week hopefully without the bl**dy rain this time , i'll ask and let you know , Simon where do you live ??? I'm in Baswich , just off Baswich lane by the church.

Simple

Sikea
Im in Penkridge mate. If its raining I might come along, as I will get rained off work [:p][:D]

T K

Bum Draw Master
Originally posted by SimpleSimon

Amazing, this place is only 5 minutes away from me and I never knew about it. Will deffo be taking a drive up there.

Cracking report and picture also mate. Well done. thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

TK, if you get a match on there, book me in. I wouldn't need to get up till 5 minutes before the draw [;)][:p]

Looks ripe for a TK Grueller...................[:D]

Cheers also for the update Murph

Last edited:

murph999

Si , jesus mate you're only a stones chuck away from it , I'm getting there tomorrow (26th) around 6am , weather is supposed to be improving from Tuesday to more of a norm for June hopefully , I'll believe it when i see it though , TK arl see yer up theer mayt sum day , noice ter now yer tork proper me ode mucker ther ay meny on us left .... LOL

Simple

Sikea
If its raining tomorrow I will pop and use up my left over bait from the weekend [:)]
But like you said it's supposed to be clearing up tomorrow, who knows with this crazy weather though[:0]

murph999

Just an update guys and gals , went here yesterday and the pegs are a foot under water , mud everywhere , School Lane is flooded from the A449 so the only access is either from Penkridge thru the lanes or from Coppenhall via Hyde Lea and then left into Long Lane , took us 1hr 10mins to get home , usually takes us 15mins.

murph999

P.S. T K , no match bookings anymore , apparently he closed the pool on Boxing Day last year for someone who booked it for a match and no-one turned up so it's day ticket only.
tfnicn17.gif

panda

Mighty Wrecsam
Great report and good looking venue, glad to see you have taken up the sport of carp wrestling[;)]

T K

Bum Draw Master
Originally posted by murph999

P.S. T K , no match bookings anymore , apparently he closed the pool on Boxing Day last year for someone who booked it for a match and no-one turned up so it's day ticket only.
tfnicn17.gif

Cheers for the update Murph - mind, I might be able to 'tempt' him as I tend to pay booking/peg fees up front..........

ps - forgot to applaud you on the original write up and pickie [^]

murph999

Cheers T K , this Carp wrestling may become an olympic sport soon , i'd like to apply for team coach position please Panda !!! Had a pretty bum day yesterday really , two Bream of around 3lbs , Tench of about 2lbs , a Common of ? 6lbs and a decent Mirror 10lbs plus , very windy and the surface ripple drove me and the Mrs mad all day , as i said earlier very muddy , needs a week or two of dry weather.
The farm cats came out in abundance yesterday , Claire (The Mrs and one that WILL be obeyed) had one sitting on her lap for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.