Dunham Fishery ( Manchester 'ish )

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB56

Does anyone have any info on this fishery please as I have a match there in two weeks time.

Were it is would help along with tactics and bait information.

Regards

John

JB56

Originally posted by JB56

Does anyone have any info on this fishery please as I have a match there in two weeks time.

Were it is would help along with tactics and bait information.

Regards

John

Come on somebody must know

Regards

John

Jeff Mowbray

lightish rigs and luncheon meat on the deck in the margins and far bank, feed micro pellets, i hold the record on there 48lb piccys on the shed wall there[;)] see my previous posts on this fishery,stay off maggots you will only get silvers.Pegs 13-17 meat on the bottom should get you barbel. As i said concentrate in the margins if you can't get to the far bank. Rig would be prestons power line 2pound and a size 18's hook shotted shirt button style and i use grey hydro elastic good luck[:)]

Last edited:

JB56

Thanks for the info Jeff and Scott I won yesterdays match.

Regards

John

Scott 42

JB56

Well done mate.

Its nice to know that the information i passed on has been useful for once.

Any chance of a brief summary of winning weights and pegs etc as i think i,m due another match on there in a couple of weeks. Also what method/baits produced most of your fish.

Cheers

Scott

JB56

My winning weight was 17 pounds and 10 ounces made up of small carp and tench with a few cruscians, no big fish although I was seen off four times.

I fed micro pellets and fished either corn or 6mm expander pellet on the hook to three swims one at around 10mtrs and the other two at either side of my inside line next to the stick ups. I could have fished against the stick ups on the far side but I was unable to do so on the day due to a shoulder injury.

The bulk of my fish came off the 10mtr line and most of them fell to corn.

Our club pegged the lake out using their own peg numbers but the peg I fished was across the bridge and one down to the left if this helps.

Good luck with your match Scott and thanks for your info.

Regards

John

Scott 42

Cheers John

Sounds like you were somewhere around permanent peg 21. A bloke on our match had a nearly identical weight to yours off one of those pegs to finish second.
I was intrigued with Jeff's comments regarding his weight using meat. Myself and a few blokes from our club tried meat in a few practise sessions, prior to our match. The general consensus was that while you could catch with it, corn and paste were producing more fish.

Thanks for the summary

Scott

Jeff Mowbray

Hi Scott, the only bait i used on dunham is meat and i bag on it everytimei go, and catch more on meat than on pellet but feeding micro pellet over the top and tiny bits of meat on the hook not massive chunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.