dual band line

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul14

saw some new line in the shop today dual band made by smart (maver). it is supposed to be slightly thinner and stronger than the genisis line that i use now. any reports on it please before i buy some.paul 14

strat2

best line i have ever used this stuff. Great for winter work in the lighter strains for the flickny fish

but i use ultima now its better because of the stretch

nrayner

Like many other "special" lines I found that it lost all it's strength after three or four outings and had to be binned.

paul14

cheers lads its a minefield isnt it,just thought that having used genisis for years with hardly any trouble, they might have improved it somehow.but having said that it is just for feeder work and not for pole.......paul

Thom

what i dont like about nearly all line manufacturers is the fact the diametres/poundage are often false in regard to one another.

that is why i now use ultima lines because they are very accuratly measured, they have a low diametre:strength (and its genuine!) and most of them have low stretch and high abrasion resistance. perfect for commercial fisheries. best of all they wont break the bank!

adder

I have used 8ld Dual Band for feeder fishing. I found it would not sink very well and was not abrasion resistant. In fact , I changed over to Maxima during a match because it was so poor. It may be best suited for Baggin Wag style.

paul14

used it today on the feeder at partridge after about 3 hrs i wound in through my fingers and the line did seem rough.on the next cast i checked the line under the clip even though i had some pole float rubber under it, there was a bad kink in the line but it did not break.it was a 25gr feeder chucked about 35yds and the line was a 16mm jobby....cheers paul

Status
Not open for further replies.