drunk at work

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan88

Anyone done it. Yesterday, went on my dinner, and seeing as one of my work mates was finishing, we went to the pub at dinner. Soon turned into a who can have the most tequila without bein sick [:D][:D]. Got back at 2 unable to stand. Got a right telling off, but still have my job. Anyone else been so stupid?

jbfzoo

I think its something we all do at least once, but hopefully realize it is not the smartest move in the world. Friend of mine did it, went back to his band saw and chopped off his thumb, after 20 years of accident free work

John[8D][8D]

midge99

On my 21st I went out on a week night and drank very large amounts at speed with a lot of double whiskey's to finish the night off with.

At the time I worked as a printer and the first job was 10,000 letter heads. A nice simple job planned incase I felt rough. I must have fallen asleep at my machine and when I woke I was printing solid black onto some expensive paper.
My next job was in the Navy on submarines and after a heavy session on new years eve (at sea) the captian had a fire excersise the following day at about 2pm. I remember very little. I never drank at sea again after that, it could have cost lives.

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Never done it myself, but know of a couple of lads who turned into work drunk, i sacked them.

stikflote

Site Supporter
at work on the railway my driver drunk ,i phoned supervisor and said
i need another driver this is ill, the supervisor said you mean hes micked ok
another driver came ,we sent the drunk one home on way home his car broke down
so he left it went home ,and didnt find his car for a week ,he had plenty time to find he got two weeks suspension without pay he was lucky he didnt get sack

have done once 3 days into my job the night after my school leavers prom and they said i had to be in work at half 8 dont remember much from that day really

Benji

Account Locked
Originally posted by pinman
we sent the drunk one home on way home his car broke down

I do hope he was not the one driving himself home, as if you decide he is too drunk to drive a train surely he is too drunk to drive a car, or is it because it isnt on your shift thats ok?

john83

Account Locked
years ago when i was in sales, we had a big drinking boss, he had us out most lunchtimes in the pub, the afternoon was a bit more lively like. [:D]

pegasus

benny
give em a good hidding then sack em.
id never work with a drunk.
ive had jobs where i rely on my mates to watch my back if they had been drunk they carnt do thier job right and become a very dangerous health hazard.
its not big or clever to be drunk at work and if you have then you should be ashamed of yourself.
theres a time and a place for alchol and the work place isnt one of them.

nico12

Grebe Grabber
Says a lot about the mentality of someone who feels its ok to drink when at work. Lack of respect for company and themselves.

it would never be forgotten by your employer, and raise questions about company transport, safety, and you as an employee.

stikflote

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Benji

Originally posted by pinman
we sent the drunk one home on way home his car broke down

I do hope he was not the one driving himself home, as if you decide he is too drunk to drive a train surely he is too drunk to drive a car, or is it because it isnt on your shift thats ok?

he was told to wait for a taxi ,but he cleared off ,and of course
he was on my shift he was my bloody driver

Benji

Account Locked
Pinman, good call on the taxi, you misunderstood my shift comment, but dont worry about it, you made the right call regards the taxi.

HarryOatcake

02/02/04 -24/12/17
Site Supporter
In Memoriam
Been there Pinman many years ago,
Driver Brahms and List
I had to close the regulator and operate
the brakes.

Heading for a closed crossing and lights on red.
He shouted "What you done that for",
I said, "The Reds ours this side".

When he died he had been found dead for over a week at
the bottom of his stairs.

Harry.

Status
Not open for further replies.