Dropped my mobile in the drink today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

perchlover

What a disaster. My girlfriend called me just as the bite alarm and bobbin went mad. I lost grip of the phone and it went straight into the water. The phone has died and I get home to find my laptop has died as well. On a brighter note, I had some lovely bream, roach and carp today despite the thunder and rain.

Last edited:

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
If I was you I'd ditch her mate. How inconsiderate of her to ring at such a vital moment. How big were the bream ?

zenith20

If you don't mind me asking what phone was it? It's worthwhile leaving it alone for a few days and see if it'll come on. We get iPod Touch's and even iPhones that have been submerged in water and they sometimes work after being left alone. I wouldn't leave it on a radiator or in the airing cupboard though. I hope it works for you.

Oh nice sounding Bream! At least the day wasn't completely in vain![:T][:)]

perchlover

Cheers mate the phone is a sony vivaz. Yeah, the bream are making me feel it was not in vain.

mark bradley

put phone in bag of rice in airing cupboard rice will draw moisture out of phone worked for me.

chunkylover

Ding Dang Do
I've lost three phone to different lakes, I don't take my phone to the side of the lakes anymore. Hopefully lesson learnt.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Place in an airtight plastic bag, with some silica gel bags and a few ounces of rice.
Leave in a warm, but not hot, cupboard for a week.
Then take her out again and tell her she's dumped.

As for the phone ...

[?]

cant win

get a packet of silica gel ,take phone apart ,place in air tight bag and leave for a week [:T] yes this does work but do not attempt to use with the battery in your phone [:T]

chrisritch

Merchant Blanker
my phone lives in a airtight plastic case with one of those keyfob things that inflates as it touches water. Iphone cost me alot so a 35 case and float seems worth it

cant win

packet of silica gel worthless but nowadays a phone is [:D]its good to talk [:D][:D]

floatfisher

Site Supporter
Drowned my last two phones while fishing, first one in a lake some years back, the second in the Ribble week before last.[:eek:)] Only cost me 25 quid for a new one though so not too bad.[:)]

Fishnets

Is it insured on any policy anywhere (bank account, household etc..) say you fell in tried to dry and are now claiming, might work for you

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
You lads should invest in "fishing phones" I'm selling them for next to nothing on the website. Nothing fancy but no drama if you lose it or chuck it in the soup lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.