Droopy elastic

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Hi all

anyone use hydro find it’s dripping out of the pulla kit after a few fish?

the last lot of hydro I fitted not been impressed with it seems to power up faster than previous batches I’ve had, might be me though?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Have you noticed this as the weather got cooler Pole - Fisher - 90 ? Only it's a known hiccup with these types of elastic's in winter. I do agree with you though. My favoured black hydro isn't the same laggy I was using a few years ago. Try a bit of Preston slip on it. May sort it out. Good luck. ?

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Hi all

anyone use hydro find it’s dripping out of the pulla kit after a few fish?

the last lot of hydro I fitted not been impressed with it seems to power up faster than previous batches I’ve had, might be me though?
I pre stretch my elastic but still find after using the first few times I need to re adjust it cut it back a bit more

Pole-Fisher-90

Site Supporter
Have you noticed this as the weather got cooler Pole - Fisher - 90 ? Only it's a known hiccup with these types of elastic's in winter. I do agree with you though. My favoured black hydro isn't the same laggy I was using a few years ago. Try a bit of Preston slip on it. May sort it out. Good luck. ?

to be honest when I used it in September it did the same,seems to have changed a lot recently and I’m sure there’s better elastic out there now?

I’ve got the Daiwa spray that doesn’t do much I always though it should just retract into the top kit

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
to be honest when I used it in September it did the same,seems to have changed a lot recently and I’m sure there’s better elastic out there now?

I’ve got the Daiwa spray that doesn’t do much I always though it should just retract into the top kit
PTFE bush ok ? Big enough for elastic ?

2ts

Site Supporter
You could use a mix of hair conditioner and water to lube your elastic.Try i part conditioner to 4 parts warm water and go from there.
Lots of topics about it on here if you do a search.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
yes it only the orange F1 elastic through the map pre bushed match kits
Maybe you've simply dropped on a bad batch mate ???? The only times I've really had issues myself is when I fished a match and we had to break the ice to fish. I had to keep dipping 4 or 5 inch of the pole tip under the water as it kept freezing up. Why we fished that day I don't know.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
On a different note but Droopy had me thinking back to last night, i though our Gerts Knees were Swollen, turns out she had no bra on :eek::eek:
You do make me laugh you do Wise Owl. Note to self .... Don't go fishing with Wise Owl. ???

Total

Site Supporter
On a different note but Droopy had me thinking back to last night, i though our Gerts Knees were Swollen, turns out she had no bra on :eek::eek:

After reading the above mate I'd make an appointment with an optometrist with corrective lenses to distinguish between knees and mammaries! :cool: :p:ROFLMAO::giggle:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
One could as i do, use a winder bung

after having your string pulled by a decent sized fish, and finding that it has stretched your elastics beyond the original set tension

pull the bung out and wrap it a few turns more onto the bung

michaelbrov

Behemoth
use the the new type slik elastics they are widely available and nick gilbert does them they act like a hollow but are solid and they work very well in winter .

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
All my elastics need tightening after they've had a couple of outings.