Driving pet hates

davylad

Site Supporter
The one that really gets me is, people taking an age when the traffic lights turn green. They think it's only them that wants to get through the lights. Personally I don't see a problem if someone doesn't indicate if they're in the correct lane approaching a roundabout, it's when they turn unexpected that pisses me off.

62tucker

Site Supporter
The one that really gets me is, people taking an age when the traffic lights turn green. They think it's only them that wants to get through the lights. Personally I don't see a problem if someone doesn't indicate if they're in the correct lane approaching a roundabout, it's when they turn unexpected that pisses me off.
Happened to me today
4 way lights and knob at front took a age to set off when green. And I 5 cars back didn’t get through. 🤬

peterb

Site Supporter
There was a programme on BBC Wales this week where a woman died after driving the wrong way on the westbound lanes of the M4 at Newport . She missed the slip road to get onto the motorway and instead drove up the exit road , she drove along the motorway for 2 miles dodging other cars before she had a head on crash which killed her and seriously injured the other driver. It turned out that she was two and a half times the alcohol limit and had traces of cocaine in her blood , with no mot or insurance on her car , these people drive amongst us , it's frightening .

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Dawdlers, you know, those who drive at 10mph below the speed limit on a Sunday morning, when it’s perfect conditions and visibility, one road I use often sees them at 40 in the 50 limits and then when it drops to 30, they only drop just below 40, so happy to speed in a 30, but won’t go to the limit in a 50.

RMNDIL

Honestly, you need to drive in China. They’re mad !! No lights at night AND driving the wrong way against the traffic, 5 on a moped, lorries & cars carrying stuff which they definitely shouldn’t be, totally ignoring traffic lights (just a free-for-all) roadworks in the middle of 5 lanes of traffic with nothing but 6 plastic cones to ‘protect’ the head of the chap digging the hole while his mates on the side of the road look on etc etc etc.

But the Police and the rules allow madness.

In Shijiazhuang one day it was a bit foggy – not that bad at all. We left the hotel and started to drive for several miles down the motorway (sorry, Freeway) of 4 lanes and suddenly out of the fog came a lorry towards us (no lights !). Shortly after a car came, then another car, then 2 cars, then more cars !!!! Then we get further on, dodged more cars driving the wrong way and discover that the police had closed the road ahead. Not at any junction so people could get off but not on but just closed it on any random stretch. The police were telling people to turn around and drive back the way they came !!!!! Which we then had to do and it was scary as it was now busier and there was a lot more traffic coming !!!! Utter madness.