Drinkwater Park Restoration Plan

nelson66

This should keep me out of mischief next year

http://salfordfriendlyanglers.blogspot.com/2011/11/drinkwater-park-restoration-plan.html

Does anyone have a rowing boat we could borrow for a day?

nelson66

Karl - when we have a day raking the lake and spreading the siltex I'll let you know - because thats the next stage in the plan.
It will be sometime over the christmas holidays if the lake isnt covered with ice.

You won't believe how nice the place looks now - especially compared to how open and barren it was back in the 70's with Agecroft pit on one side and the power station on the other. No more burnt out cars - and hardly any off road bikes at 13 arches anymore.
Theres even a herd of roe deer down here now.
It might even be worth having a maggot drowner do on here once we've got the fish stocks upto a decent level.

salfordangler

Thing are coming along nicely Mike and it will be nice to get a few more pairs of hands involved as I don't fancy raking half a lake myself! :)

nelson66

what do you mean raking half a lake? we had your name down for the whole job you lazy ..........er

Nanook

Only just spotted this thread, Mike...
....but as per my emails a while back, give me a shout if you need a hand.
In fact, give me a shout anyway...i'd love to get involved.
No rowing boat but plenty of elbow grease and not too shabby with the raking (and can do a grand job woodworking, helping to build pegs and fences etc)

[:)]

nelson66

well your welcome to come along Saturday morning the 7th Dec to help us give the lake bed a bit of a raking. Later in the afternoon a few of us will be getting the lures out on some of the other lakes

nelson66

Originally posted by nelson66

well your welcome to come along Saturday morning the 7th Dec to help us give the lake bed a bit of a raking. Later in the afternoon a few of us will be getting the lures out on some of the other lakes

Dysexia/stupidity strikes again.
Were having a weed raking session on the morning ofsaturday 7th January