Drennan Supplex

Sad Teacher

Hi All
Bought this off the bay a few weeks ago and just looked at label
It is 2.5lb and 0.13 kg!! Looks like Supplex just wonder if it's counterfeit!! Has any body else got a spool like this? IMG_20200902_091129.jpg

rudd

Site Supporter
Its should be 1.13kg on drennan site their picture is incorrect 😂

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
It is a misprint on the packaging not an issue in the UK as the imperial measurement is correct.

davepellet

depends what you use it for, I use it for pole rigs & hooklengths & really love it

I have tried it as a reel line, but can't get on with it for that, so now use other stuff

also, the misprint of the kg's is also shown on Drennan's website, so I would say it is genuine

PJG

I bought three different spools and binned the lot. It's rubbish.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Tried it for pole rigs and hook lengths, binned it, rubbish line, it's probably one of the worst I have tried

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
It always seems strange when people say Supplex,Maxima,Sensor are rubbish when they are three of the biggest selling lines in the country. I know people dont get on with various lines for many reasons I never got on with Powerline but many accept the lies on the label as it suits them for their fishing.
Apart from ASSO none of the firms selling line in the UK actually manufacture nylon line so its very much like hooks which again apart from Owner and Gamakatsu are bought in from the Far East mostly with one or two exceptions.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
Lots of people saying this line is rubbish, But no explanations as to why?

Little concerning, Recently picked up 5 spools of this stuff that cost me quite a bit.

SeanB

Site Supporter
I've never had a problem using it for pole rigs or hook lengths.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Lots of people saying this line is rubbish, But no explanations as to why?

Little concerning, Recently picked up 5 spools of this stuff that cost me quite a bit.

Do a forum search and read all the previous posts and replies, it should all be there in black and white mate.

alsur

Site Supporter
I use it for stick float fishing and find in very good it floats well and is limp but its Not as tough as some lines, I go up a breaking strain compared to Bayer

Louis D

Used it for several years as rig line and hooklength from 0.09 to 0.23 without any issue. As with most lines, treat it properly and it's fine. I changed to guru ngage when my local didn't have the right supplex sizes in stock I haven't changed back as that works for me as well