Drennan Slimline 2 rod hard case

geofflukins

I have the Drennan 9ft Acolyte Feeder rod with a Preston Centris 520 and a Frenzee FXT 9ft feeder with a Daiwa 16 TDM 3012. Could someone confirm that these will fit the Drennan Slimline 2 rod hard case. More concerned with width rather than length at the moment as I know I have the option of 160cm or 178cm. Thanks.

mbuna_matt

Hi mate, probably more down to which reels you leave on. Where about are you as I have an underused one around somewhere....

Millers Thumb

Site Supporter
I keep a 12ft Tricast rod coupled with a Rive 5000 reel and a Daiwa 12ft method feeder rod coupled with a Daiwa ninja 4012 they fit ok.

jasonb

Personally I would say the drennan slimline cases are very hit and miss for getting reels in, anything over 4000 size will be vey tight and it also depends where the reel sits on the handle and where that will sit in the case.

SteveAmo

You are better off buying the 3 rod version as I get two 13 ft tip rods in with Shimano 5500 on and because you got the middle section empty gives you a lot more room to get the rods in with clanging the reels together too tight.

I use the middle section for my landing net handle and distance sticks.

Fishy Medic

I have both 2 and 3 rod. Have 2x 12' rods with 6000 baitrunners in the 3 rod case with room to spare for spare tips and landing net handle easily. My 2 rod case can take 2xTDR 3000 reels but its on the verge of being tight. 3 rod case has a shoulder sling too which is handy.

Simon R

Site Supporter
I had the 2 rod slimline - bought because I could attach it to my holdall - and one short and one long rod would fit quite comfortably so long as you staggered the reels by a decent distance.
Got rid of that and bought the two rod Drennan hardcase design instead - that holds, fairly comfortably, two two-piece 12' rods and a 3 piece 10' tip rod.

Simon