Drennan Series 7 Margin pole 8.5m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargus

Anyone got/tried one ?

What do you reckon as first (non whip) pole ?

Would you make one top "heavy" say 15-20 rated and the other "silver" 6-12 or something like that ?

Sorry very new to this game.

If I was to buy made up rigs (I know, I know, I should make them myself !), any recommendations on these - is it the usual suspects ? Drennan, Maver, Preston etc

petert

7.5 metres Drennan is a good starting point until you get used to pole fishing also you might not want to fish any longer I know I don't, I use a 8.5 metre margin pole. As you are new to pole fishing ready made rigs are best to start with, the as you get more experienced then try making your own up.

Last edited:

grahamdavie

Hi mate, i use a Drennan Margin master, good margin tool for the price. Not sure that it would be the best pole too introduce you to pole fishing though. The reason being that it does not "act" as crisp as a non margin pole would. Its really made for heavy duty work.
As an example, started on mine at full length on sunday, wind got up & i could not handle it & had to revert to my "normal pole" to get any presentation in the very strong cross winds.

Hope that helps,

cheers graham.

sandy

its the pole i started with cant fault it. id put a 6 in one kit and 12/14 in the other! then when you get used to it you can upgrade to something lighter/longer and stiffer. and you will still use the drennan for fishing for lumps as its one of the best margin poles you can get!

fish finder

callum
hi mate i have one of these.
they are very good and strong and holding them at full length is easy as it isnt heavy.
my first fish on it was a 13lb 1oz mirror so i have really tested it, especially as i fished next to an overhanging tree.
i use it for paste fishing down the margins and i have never had a problem landing carp.
the elastic i have in it is 20 and in the other is 12. i really recomend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.