Drennan Red Range 8m Margin carp pole

Kildea90

Tom
Have always been a rod and reel man however after purchasing a cheap 4 meter whip for the kids Iv come to realise how effective the pole is, so am looking to invest in something. I would use it the summer months for targeting carp and tench in margins and then also for silvers on the canal. I’ll still fish more of rod and reel so don’t want to break the bank but at the same time something that can get a lump out of Margin. I saw this second hand pole online for £50 should I get or perhaps invest in longer pole or different brand?

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I think an 8m margin pole is a very useful bit of kit for anyones armoury - I love my old Trabucco Lucifer as does my son (6)

It can deal with big lumps in my local lake just as well as silvers on the river as it has a few top kits set with a variety of elastics plus I fitted
MAP puller bungs which are simple, reliable and cheap.

If the Red Range pole is anything as good a quality as the pellet waggler rod in the same range (I have one) then I’d say it’s a good investment for your £50

Does it come with spare top kits?

Kildea90

Tom
I think an 8m margin pole is a very useful bit of kit for anyones armoury - I love my old Trabucco Lucifer as does my son (6)

It can deal with big lumps in my local lake just as well as silvers on the river as it has a few top kits set with a variety of elastics plus I fitted

If the Red Range pole is anything as good a quality as the pellet waggler rod in the same range (I have one) then I’d say it’s a good investment for your £50

Yes I have the red range 11ft float rod is fantastic

Kildea90

Tom

And yes comes with two top kits

Fav

It’s ok. Worth getting for the money if you don’t want to break the bank.

Heavy but strong.

Will be a bit floppy at its full length on the canal.

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
My margin pole is the one that gets the most use in Summer. 8m will be fine for margin work. As always check the condition before buying second hand.

It will work on the canal for smaller fish but at full length may be slow on the strike due to weight and potential lack of rigidity.

No reason not to buy it but be aware of its limitations for the canal.